Hello all,

I recently replaced the trackball in my wife's blackberry 8100 from stock to a red trackball. Now the phone won't recharge. I plugged it in to charge, the icon for charging came on and set it down for a bit. I came back and picked the phone up and it was stuck on the hourglass screen turned off. I got the phone booted back up and it had the same amount of battery life as before. The trackball was the only thing i changed and there have been no other problems. I replaced the trackball in my 8100 pearl and it worked great. Any ideas other than ordering another trackball? Thanks - Billy
    01-04-10 10:50 AM
    BTW it was the standard wall AC plugin charger.
    01-04-10 10:52 AM
    Hmmm..well you shouldn't have replaced the trackball to a coloured one as there is a great trackball colour changing app called "blingball" search it up on google.
    i could suggest try charging via your usb cable. If it's still stuck on the hourglass screen search up on google " how to recover a nuked blackberry"
    01-06-10 07:55 AM
    IDK how the trackball had anything to do with it, but sheer coincidence. You didn't say if it's taking a charge now.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 11:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD