I have had my pearl for just under two years. I have never had this situation come up before. I was on a trip and did a google search for a particular restaurant location and phone number. Next thing I know, I have a half dozen or more unwanted "shop" browser icons. Shop Ringtones, Shop Themes, Shop Games etc.. When I returned home, I connected to the desktop manager to see if the application loader showed these items. It does not. Can someone tell me what to do to uninstall these things? I can hide the icons but I would really prefer them to be removed.
    10-26-08 02:30 PM
    They were pushed out by your carrier. They are service books. You will have to delete them often because they keep coming back. Options-advanced options-service books and just delete.

Or you can hit menu when on the icon and hide it. This will make them disappear.

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-08 02:38 PM
    Most of this runbbish comes from your friendly carrier. They send them as Service Books and yu cannot delete them as if they were applications.

You can try to see if they are app by going to Options, Advanced Options, Appications and scrollign down to see if such an app is present. If so, highlight it and press Menu select Delet.

If there is no app, then go to Options, Advanced Options, Service Book andscroll to the app, press Mneu and select Delete.

This will temorarily clear the app but it wil reapear each time the Service Books are resent.

You can hide the link on the Home screen by highlighting the icon, press Menu and select Hide. Again the icon will reappear whenever the Service Books are resent.

This is all you can do.
    10-26-08 02:41 PM
    Thanks! That did the trick. I guess I have been fortunate for this to be the first time it happened. Maybe it is an AT & T thing
    10-26-08 02:45 PM
    It is an AT&T thing. I have deleted them 2x's already. It's just an annoying little present they give us with their appreciation of servicing us .

Glad it worked!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-08 02:53 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

It seems, the carriers would like us to spend even more money with them.

10-26-08 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD