I have heard some people mention that they remove the fav 5 features from their phones by deleting the corresponding cod file/s . can anyone guide me where should I read for the procedures etc and is this possible to do to a phone withthe os already installed or does it need to reinstall the os for it to take effect?
    06-07-09 04:24 PM
    If you look at the thread for the 267 OS about the 11th or 12th post has the file to remove. You will need to reload the OS after you delete that file, don't think you can do it directly on the phone.
    06-07-09 04:51 PM
    this should help you . if you do make sure you follow the instructions , also dont delete files make a folder (name it) and keep removed files in this folder

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    06-07-09 04:54 PM
    this should help you . if you do make sure you follow the instructions , also dont delete files make a folder (name it) and keep removed files in this folder

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    ok thanks for the info but one thing i am not sure of.... i dont see a way to make my desktop manager to reload an os? how do I make it reload the same os i have already on?
    06-07-09 05:28 PM
    you can also use the program crackmem to take it out of the os for ya
    06-07-09 05:29 PM
    you can also use the program crackmem to take it out of the os for ya
    so take it off the OS and battery pull?
    Last edited by DemonKnight; 06-07-09 at 05:37 PM. Reason: i cant type!
    06-07-09 05:37 PM
    so take it off the OS and battery pull?
    ok i took a stab at crack mem phone is rebooting atm no need to fully install the os...it just removed the modules i selected ...

phone back in home screen...so far only issue im noticing is the external display not working ( t mo logo)

algo getting a upgrade message from desktop manager for core aplications...any insight on that?
    06-07-09 05:56 PM
    After deleting C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\[OS]\Java\net_rim_tmo_five.cod, this operating system worked BEAUTIFULLY.

It is snappy; it is stable; and, best of all: IT DOES NOT CRASH WHEN I RECEIVE AN SMS. I could care less about having removed myFaves.

Thanks guys for the tips!
    and

There are many threads on this subject (you may try doing a search for more info). The reason your outer screen does not work is one of two:

1-You did not include the Blackberry Attachment Service as one of your modules when installing the OS.

or,

2-You deleted some essential *.cod's necessary to run themes on the 8220.

P.S. if trying to remove my faves, see my previous post on this thread and only delete that .cod file out of the 4 files that control myFaves on the 8220. After doing any OS changes, make sure to do a battery-pull reset on your phone.
    Hope this helps.
    06-07-09 06:08 PM
    ok crackmem removed that file plus once similar that has lib on it ( i assume library )
    in fact checking removed files it did remove 2 more files
    3 in total
    net rim bb medialoader 114 five icon library
    net rim tmo five
    net rim tmo five lib

and attatchments is loaded still i removed it... did a pull.... reinstalled it... did a pull and still screen is blank ( tmo logo)
    Last edited by DemonKnight; 06-07-09 at 06:35 PM.
    06-07-09 06:30 PM
    i readded the other 2 and reloaded apploader and booting phone again..thats fixed the issue

now to test the original problem im doing all this cuz sms was messing up and had read about fav 5 being the cause.. thanks all for the help will now try extensively sms and mms to see if it locks up. again thanks to all for their help and guidance.
    06-07-09 06:52 PM
    Yeah. You can only remove "net_rim_tmo_five.cod"

Removing any of the other myFaves *.cod's ones messes up the Flip theme. Interestingly enough, removing only that one .cod seems to remove all of myFaves's functionality.
    06-07-09 08:36 PM
    Yeah. You can only remove "net_rim_tmo_five.cod"

Removing any of the other myFaves *.cod's ones messes up the Flip theme. Interestingly enough, removing only that one .cod seems to remove all of myFaves's functionality.
    well i used crack mem to do the remove part so it seems it took more than was needed but i got the files back and been using my phone with no crashes so far but damn it my brother has not replied to my sms or my calls to sms me back cuz it was with him and a sms thread we have that i was getting the crashes.... grr ill keep smsing him till he replies LOL

again to all,
    thanks for the help!

DK
    06-08-09 01:19 AM
    Did that fix your SMS & MMS problem?
    06-08-09 08:26 PM
    Did that fix your SMS & MMS problem?
    so far yes, no issues
    06-08-09 10:56 PM
    I was able to remove the TMO Fave 5 module using Desktop Manager without having to reload the entire OS. The method below would probably work for other modules as well.

1. Delete net_rim_tmo_five.cod from the AppLoader device software folder as previously described (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\[OS]\Java\net_rim_tmo_five.cod).
    2. Start Desktop Manager (I'm using 4.6)
    3. Connect your BB to your laptop with the sync cable.
    4. Click on Application Loader
    5. Under Add/Remove Applications, click Start
    6. At the bottom of the "Device application selection" screen, click Next

Desktop Manager will detect the now-unrecognized module, delete it and restart your BB. Simple, quick, and safe.
    06-12-09 08:30 AM
    I was able to remove the TMO Fave 5 module using Desktop Manager without having to reload the entire OS. The method below would probably work for other modules as well.

1. Delete net_rim_tmo_five.cod from the AppLoader device software folder as previously described (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\[OS]\Java\net_rim_tmo_five.cod).
    2. Start Desktop Manager (I'm using 4.6)
    3. Connect your BB to your laptop with the sync cable.
    4. Click on Application Loader
    5. Under Add/Remove Applications, click Start
    6. At the bottom of the "Device application selection" screen, click Next

Desktop Manager will detect the now-unrecognized module, delete it and restart your BB. Simple, quick, and safe.

in the end after using crackmem etc this was what i ended up doing even tho i wasn't actually doing it that way but i got lucky you are totally right... its faster and safer. oh and i am at zero crashes by sms or mms now since the day i did it.
    06-12-09 10:35 AM
    in the end after using crackmem etc this was what i ended up doing even tho i wasn't actually doing it that way but i got lucky you are totally right... its faster and safer. oh and i am at zero crashes by sms or mms now since the day i did it.
    You must do a battery pull after this method, though, as the OS will still think you have that *.cod loaded.
    06-12-09 12:32 PM
    after loader files, i cant find that net_rim_tmo_five.cod icon....
    07-01-09 09:48 PM
    after loader files, i cant find that net_rim_tmo_five.cod icon....
    well from what was posted my address was a bit different than what was suggested but the files should be there... (ex: this si my address for the .cod file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8220-v4.6.0.278_P4.1.0.98\Java)

note im running the 278 OS version so yours may differ from that if you have other OS there.inside Java you will find all the cod files.
    07-02-09 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD