I was listening to music earlier today with regular headphones when I recieved a phonecall. I answered the call and quickly pulled the headphones out only to discover that the sound did not work from the phone. Apparently, it does not automatically switch over to the handset when a headset is removed. After this was determined, I tried to test things out and used the phone with the headset plugged in, but the person I was talking to had difficulty hearing me.

I have two questions: is this an issue that's been resolved with an update to the OS? If this has not been resolved, is there a hotkey to switch to handset like there is to switch to speakerphone?

Thanks.
    09-21-08 07:13 PM
    If you are using regular stereo headsets then all you have to do is leave the headset in and answer the phone. It switches to the handset with the headset plugged in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 12:41 AM
    I just updated to OS 4.5 to get documents to go but then I tried answering a call and, as you said, the speaker auto-switched to handset.

However, before updating, I tried making an outbound call with stereo earbuds and the sound played through them and the microphone in the phone picked up my voice. I've just tried an outbound call using OS 4.5 and the sound switched to the handset. I guess it was an OS 4.3 issue.

Thanks.
    09-23-08 08:58 AM
    Yeah that would be a great feature if the sound would go through the stereo headsets. I think I've heard that the curve has that ability.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-08 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD