The description below was taken from the "How to Increase BlackBerry Memory" thread. I just wanted to be sure that after reading it, I am correct in saying that I can remove it from my BB since my unit is not used for business proposes at all. It was not given to me by my company and it is only for personal use.

BlackBerry MDS Runtime - 799K

Quote:
    Provides the ability to access BlackBerry MDS applications and services.

BlackBerry Mobile Data System (BlackBerry MDS) v4.1 is an optimized application development framework for the BlackBerry Enterprise Solution. It can dramatically reduce the amount of time and resources required to develop and deploy wireless applications for mobile workers. BlackBerry MDS allows organizations to deliver corporate data wirelessly, leveraging the same proven push delivery model and advanced security features used for BlackBerry email.

If your device is not connected to BES and your IT department is not creating their own content, un-select it.
    06-28-08 08:43 PM
    You can remove your MDS likely. I haven't run across any third-party applications that have used it in quite some time either. And the good news is that it's even easier to put back on.
    06-28-08 08:46 PM
    You are correct. You can remove it.
    06-28-08 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD