Does anyone know if this is availble on the BB Pearl 8100, as this is the deciding factor in whether I soend �300 on the new Audi car phone adapter ?

Replies appreciated
    07-08-08 11:52 AM
    I know that the Bold will definitly have it as it it mentioned in their press release but I am not sure if it is the same thing in the 8100. I have the bluetooth adapter with my BMW 7 series and it works beautifully with the car system. I access my address book through the car and even utilize an adapter where my pearl plugs into the center console and the phone system in the car and my pearl now become a single unit! I love that feature! Phone calls go through the stereo speakers, and the caller id comes up on my navigation system. I also use the steering wheel controls along with the BMW voice command to control the phone.
    07-08-08 12:34 PM
    Hi

Thanks for reply, my 8100 works through bluetooth on my new Audi and the address book all comes up on the screen and is controlled through the steering wheel - much the same as yours. However the problem I have is that using Bluetooth eats my battery and Im also not using the car cradle as I cant get an adapter for the pearl - if I had the adapter then I would not need the RSAP system, and could use fully through the in car system.

I know that the Bold will definitly have it as it it mentioned in their press release but I am not sure if it is the same thing in the 8100. I have the bluetooth adapter with my BMW 7 series and it works beautifully with the car system. I access my address book through the car and even utilize an adapter where my pearl plugs into the center console and the phone system in the car and my pearl now become a single unit! I love that feature! Phone calls go through the stereo speakers, and the caller id comes up on my navigation system. I also use the steering wheel controls along with the BMW voice command to control the phone.
    07-08-08 12:52 PM
    Hi

Thanks for reply, my 8100 works through bluetooth on my new Audi and the address book all comes up on the screen and is controlled through the steering wheel - much the same as yours. However the problem I have is that using Bluetooth eats my battery and Im also not using the car cradle as I cant get an adapter for the pearl - if I had the adapter then I would not need the RSAP system, and could use fully through the in car system.
    Wow, you would think that Audi would have the adapter like the BMW does. When I am plugged into the adapter it keeps the phone perfectly charged and I don't have any power issues. Have you thought about a car charger instead of the RSAP system? I'd bet it would be cheaper still.

Good luck and let us know what you find decide.
    07-08-08 08:33 PM
    Hi,
    Does anyone know:
    if the 8520 curve has rSAP?
    and how to get it to work witha VWpassat car phone?

I am just not able to connect with the bluetooth of the new VW Passat, although both the devices "recognise" each other. the whole process of pairing takes a few nimutes, but at the end of that, nothing ! (But on ONE occasion, I did successfully connect and made and received a call!)

VW say this phone is incompatible.
    However, it connects very easily with other car phones

Any suggestions would be much appreciated...thanks.
    04-07-10 10:35 PM
    This thread maybe dead put I will comment anyway!

I have an 8900 on the UK Orange network and the phone will not complete the pairing process.

I can add the 16 digit pin but then the phone freezes and does not go into SAP mode. The car system says the phone is not compatible

However I have tried 2 separate BB 8900 on the UK O2 network and they sync perfectly. I can even put my orange sim into the O2 handsets and connect with the car system without issue.

All the handsets are on the latest firmware it's really frustrating.

Does anyone have an idea why this can happen?
    06-29-10 04:59 PM
    Update on above. I have now fixed this issue.

I downloaded the latest device OS v5.0.0.681 from the blackberry website which is released for the O2 network.

So it will install on an orange phone you need to remove the vendor.xml file from the apploader.

To do so, open your PC�s Program Files > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader and then delete the Vendor file,

Once this is done run the loader file your phone will be updated and in my case my bb8900 now pairs fully with the VW Premium Car Kit!!!

My phone works fine and the new OS v5 looks great which is an added bonus.
    07-02-10 04:18 AM
    hi guys

does anyone know if the blackberry torch works with vw bluetooth (rsap)

cheers

ben
    12-02-10 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD