Try this, the error suggests you are trying to load the wrong device OS. First, are you using DM 5.0? If so, get it uninstalled, and install 4.6. Then you will have to install the OS again, as uninstalling DM 5.0 removes the OS from your system too. Then delete the vendor.xml file once again, and delete it from your recycle bin. Run a search for any lingering vendor.xml, just to be sure. Start apploader.exe, and your OS should install. If it still gets hooked, use either CrackUtil, bbsak, or Blackberry Master Control to wipe, then apploader.

The other scenario, you are on Vista, and need to give apploader admin rights, then try the above.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 09-22-09 at 10:30 PM.
    09-22-09 10:23 PM
    Honestly, I've tried what you have suggested plus more. I was trying to fix mine for weeks and tried every method that could be found and then tried them again! Nothing worked until I finally did what is explained in the thread that is linked to my signature.

Granted, as I stated in my thread, try every other method first before doing what I wrote about.
    09-22-09 11:10 PM
    Your method as a final resort should do the trick. It's just a lot of effort, that in most cases has been unnecessary, and for newbies, well...
    09-22-09 11:21 PM
    I totally agree with you. I was just posting what finally worked for me and hadn't seen this method posted anywhere else. I just wanted to add it as a tool in the toolbox for all of those in need!
    09-22-09 11:25 PM
    Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort, and the info. I'm sure I'll be guiding people to it in the future.
    09-22-09 11:30 PM
    ya wulf ive tried everything just like tutty had...anything and everything i could find...so im gunna try his now...

tutty...the mcp wont show up for me? it appears on my system tray and when i mouse over it...it just disappears

fixed that issue, their stable version has an issue with program settings not letting it create a tmp file, so either change that or run the beta...lol
    Last edited by dcodum; 09-23-09 at 12:38 PM.
    09-23-09 12:23 PM
    I had the same problem and just created a thread with what I did to fix the issue. The link to the thread is in my signature.
    I wish I'd have known this a few weeks ago when I bricked my 'berry! Mine barfed loading the net_rim_cldc.cod file just as yours did and nothing that I read about brought it back. Mine was still in warranty though so I just sent it in. I have enough hobbies already! Thanks much for the info, it's appreciated.
    09-24-09 02:27 PM
    Please, let me/us know how it all turns out for you. Good luck!
    09-24-09 08:58 PM
    I just had the same issue (507 error on all installs). I had upgraded 2 BB 8900's from the same laptop, so i knew there was something a-miss. the only difference was that the 1st 2 times i did not use my retractable mini-usb cord for the connection (1st time a short, but thick, 3" usb ->mini-usb w/ a micro-usb adapter. 2nd time an official micro-usb cable (RIM OEM).

After getting my hands on the offical cable again (at work, but know a co-worker that has one) i folloed the other guide (take battery out and click next when pin shows unknown) and with this cable, it showed the 507 error, bu then continued to install and now the device is back and happy again. If someone is still having issues, try a higher quality cable. Im not saying it will 100% fix the problem, but it seemed to make a big difference for me (1st brick i have ever had on a BB actually)
    09-26-09 03:11 PM
    i still can't get my flip to load! It is driving me nuts! I have tried everything that i can think of nothing works! It still restarts or something at the same spot, i have tried a different battery, a different data cable, and all the "fix a bricked berry" articles i can find. Its like it goes just to the very end and dies just to **** me off! This is the first phone that i haven't been able to fix so maybe that is why it pisses me off so much! I'll keep trying but i might have to throw the sucker through the wall a couple of times before i give it up! LOL!
    10-05-09 08:15 PM
    i still can't get my flip to load! It is driving me nuts! I have tried everything that i can think of nothing works! It still restarts or something at the same spot, i have tried a different battery, a different data cable, and all the "fix a bricked berry" articles i can find. Its like it goes just to the very end and dies just to **** me off! This is the first phone that i haven't been able to fix so maybe that is why it pisses me off so much! I'll keep trying but i might have to throw the sucker through the wall a couple of times before i give it up! LOL!
    What error message are you getting when this happens?
    10-08-09 05:01 AM
    the error message is "Unspecified error encountered J:0x00000005" the os load gets almost all trhe way through and quits about the same time every time. i tried using a different battery, data cable and tried loading nothing but the core system files. i have tried the tmobile os and other os and yes on the non-tmobile os i deleted the vender file.
    10-08-09 10:41 PM
    I just had the same issue (507 error on all installs). I had upgraded 2 BB 8900's from the same laptop, so i knew there was something a-miss. the only difference was that the 1st 2 times i did not use my retractable mini-usb cord for the connection (1st time a short, but thick, 3" usb ->mini-usb w/ a micro-usb adapter. 2nd time an official micro-usb cable (RIM OEM).

After getting my hands on the offical cable again (at work, but know a co-worker that has one) i folloed the other guide (take battery out and click next when pin shows unknown) and with this cable, it showed the 507 error, bu then continued to install and now the device is back and happy again. If someone is still having issues, try a higher quality cable. Im not saying it will 100% fix the problem, but it seemed to make a big difference for me (1st brick i have ever had on a BB actually)
    So even though it says the 507 error keep continuing with the install? If so how long did it take?
    10-09-09 06:57 PM
    i got the 507 "reload software" error. I have tried everything and now my storm is caught in a load up loop. the progress bar gets to equal to the blackberry button. stalls than shows a quick white screen that says file error and some other stuff. that the clock and starts all over again.

on the desktop the BM does not even see the "pin" for the device.

my local verizon store said they have never seen this before.

I was trying to switch the OS to 148 from 230.........

Help Help................
    10-11-09 02:37 PM
    What operating system is your computer running? I've found the two ways to reliably brick your Crackberry are to:

1. Use a cheap quality USB cable
    2. Use Windows 7 to try and reload your Blackberry OS.

I thought I had completely bricked an 8820 because I kept getting that 507 error every time and I couldn't understand why since Windows 7 was working to sync the phone and run the DM software flawlessly before that. On a hunch I went over to Windows XP system and tried reloading the OS, worked like a charm on the first try.
    10-11-09 08:42 PM
    I had similar symptoms as you. I made a thread detailing how I fixed my 8220: copy & paste as my post count is too low:

forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=3798909#post3798909
    10-12-09 12:45 AM
    I had similar symptoms as you. I made a thread detailing how I fixed my 8220: copy & paste as my post count is too low:

forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=3798909#post3798909
    ! http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...09#post3798909

Seems a dangerous, but viable solution. Most trying will smoke their BB I bet.
    10-12-09 04:09 AM
    I got my Flip to load!!!!!!! WOOHOO! Thanks to all the guys here, I got it to load! I downloaded the newest ver. of BBSAK and used it to wipe the device and then did the cmd line load and it loaded! I have been using JLcmdr but i guess it wasn't working(probably my fault!) Once i got the phone loaded the external screen didn't work and i did some more searching on the forums and found that a member had reloaded Blackberry attachment service and that fixed the external screen right up! I have been trying to get this phone back to running for a couple of months now and its been driving me crazy, so about once night a week i would take a couple of hours and wipe and reload and nothing worked! Last night about 830 i tried again but remembered seeing about the new BBSAK on the main page and i thought i would give it a try, i stayed up until 230 this morning but i got it working! I also have learned alot about how blackberrys work with all the reading i did last night! I'm hyperactive and also trying to quit dipping snuff so let me tell ya i was working up a storm! LOL! I installed the Tmobile 4.6.180 ver. on the phone and it seems to work just great. I downloaded the latest ver. from the sticky at the top of the forum but, i think i will wait awhile before i try to install that. I have a Bold that i use for everyday use and just use the flip for weekends and a when riding my motorcycle round town so i just use the phone and text on the flip.

Well Thanks to everyone here for all the help!
    10-31-09 05:15 PM
    Is your BB disconnecting when you're loading the OS?... or is the loader not finding the device?
    10-31-09 08:35 PM
    My Flip was restarting right near the end of the install, I tried 3 different batteries and different data cables and different OS. Nothing seemed to work! I don't know if it was JLcmdr or that i didn't use JLcmdr right or what. When i used JLcmdr to wipe the flip it would give me the 507 error, which it was supposed to do but i would always get the same error (see above post for the error) When i downloaded BBSAK i tried to wipe from BBSAK and that worked but when i clicked on load OS from BBSAK it gave the same error. I then wiped with BBSAK again and the open up a CMD and did the loader/nojvm and it worked. after it booted up i then used DM to load the apps that i wanted and it has been working great since. As i said in my last post, i don't use this phone for email or anything as i have a bold but, i use this phone when i am working outside or riding my motorcycle so that i don't risk my Bold.
    I think the secret to fixing nuked BBs is to take your time and to read everything you can find and not to panic about the phone being nuked. Blackberries seem to never die they can be brought back, it may take several trys before it works. I also found that when i just let it stay plugged in until it was finished that i worked, i think i would unplug it before it was really finished.
    11-01-09 10:47 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD