so, i've had my blackberry 8100 for around like 5 or 6 months at this point.. and i used to use a headset that came with it for my music needs, but it suddenly stopped working a week ago[i still have no clue to this day why].

So I ended up purchasing a set of Skullcandy headphones, and a 2.5 to 3.5 mm adapter off of Ebay. The adapter works pretty decently, except for only the left headphone works. I'm still kind of new at all of this blackberry stuff [and obviously, my first headset only had one headphone], so I was wondering if there was any way that I could make both headphones work. Like something to do with the settings or something. Or is it the adapter? Or is it just not possible altogether? [i've been looking around the internet for answers to these questions, but everywhere tells me something totally different and now i'm confused..]

please fill me in.
    12-04-08 09:37 PM
    The blackberry headsets usually last 3 weeks with me. I went to
    Samsung.com , click on consumers, then mobile acessories, then headsets:

AAEP408SBE
    2.5mm Handsfree Stereo Headset
    Product ID : AAEP408SBEBSTD / Price: $19.99

The wires are uneven b/c one rests on the back of your neck so if your buds come out of your ears, the buds will not fall to the ground. These are really good and lasts me for at least 4 months of heavy usage. I live in NYC and they are really convenient when you go shopping or an activity that has you hands pretty busy. Although when my hair is out people usually think I'm talking to myself. So in NYC, I fit right in !!! LOL !!!
    12-07-08 11:19 AM
    I tried one of those 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapters back in October. I bought them at a radioshack and tried them in store. It didn't work because the sound came from the Pearl's speakers and not the headphones. Is there a certain adapter/headphone combination that works around this problem?
    12-07-08 02:26 PM
    i'm pretty sure you can buy an adapter at the crackberry store, although, i would check with another electronic device (ipod, cd player, etc) to make sure it's not the earphones.

my sister had a similar problem with her 8830 and an adapter, it seems as though only specific adapters work with blackberries, not just any old adapter. good luck!

how do you like the skullcandy headphones? i was looking at a pair for my 8130... (my headphones that came with the phone broke in a record 4 days! )
    12-07-08 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD