I recently got shipped a reburb. 8100 for warranty replacement because one of the keys wasn't broken, but acting goofy.

I've had refurb. phones from T-Mobile before as warranty replacement- however they were not BlackBerrys.

Never really had a problem- but I feel like the quality of this refurb phone I received is kinda crappy. It's got a keypad that looks the same in general, but certain things are different about it- the lense of the camera is really dirty under the glass- and the bottom shell of the phone had a sticky, dirty residue all over it when I got it- as the well as the door the SIM card holder being broken. I laughed when I saw that- called T-Mobile up and they're sending me a replacement for the replacement!

At this point I am tempted to keep my original even though the key is acting a little goofy- I've only had it 2 months.

Refurbs don't bother me if they're decent- but when you pay good money for a phone, well.....I expect that even a warranty replacement be decent.

Anyone have a refurb 8100 from T-Mobile? And your experience?
    03-05-09 12:21 PM
    When i had my 8100: My parents bought it for me, for a Birthday gift. I had it about 2 months and the trackball went AWOL on me. Not knowing that i could replace the trackball for like 10.oo i called tmobile and told them i had a warranty claim and i needed a new phone. so i get the new phone and i look at the sticker next to the battery slot and i notice that the sticker is different then the one in my busted phone. so i took both of them to my local tmobile store and asked them why one was differnet then the other and they tried to tell me that i dropped my phone in the water. so i had them do a UPS track on it and it showed that i singed for the package not even 30mins ago, in which the phone would still have water on the insides. So i DEMANED a new phone before i'd leave the store. i actually chased 3 "new" customer telling them how crappy this store was, and how the manger is a real J--k.... i ended up getting a new phone and i think i bluetooth head set (if i promised never to come back)... i gladly said i'll never come back to that store.....
    03-05-09 12:45 PM
    wow. ****ty experience. I used to love T-Mobile's customer service- and I feel like in the past year or so they have REALLY gone down hill. Before I called 611 and had them send me the FIRST warranty phone- the one that's being replaced, I had a guy at the store LIE to me straight up and tell me that nothing looks like it's wrong with my phone- and if I get a warranty phone sent to me, they warranty guys are going to be "pissed" and charge me. So I asked the guy on the phone if that was true- and he said- if for some reason we find nothing wrong with your phone that you return to us for warranty, that's totally cool as long as there's no water damage or cracked screen....etc....

That's only 1 small incident I have had with them the past year. I could right a novel on the rest.

*am nervous about my 2nd warranty phone*
    03-05-09 04:47 PM
    I have lived on the phone with 611 and pda techs. I have only had one issue and that was with the tech for the Tmobile Dash.....that was a ****ty phone and the tech made me go through 3 of them before another tech sent me my pearl. I will never go microsoft programmed device again.

bottom line, I calll and ask for the tech instead of wasting my time with the customer service rep.
    Blackberry tech., support for tmobile is great, they are authorized and will send out replacements easier than a regular customer rep will.....just be honest with them.
    03-06-09 02:07 PM
    thanks for the info...i think you're right now that i think about it- in general when I finally do talk to the BB reps, they are always not only more helpful, but a lot more friendly as well. will go directly to them in the future. =)
    03-08-09 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD