My wife has a Tmo 8100, and every since we updated the OS to 4.5, the red light on the front has stayed on. sometimes, it will turn off, but it is always on. How do we get it to turn off? We have done a battery pull and a reset and it still does it.

Any clues?

Thanks,

RED
    08-11-08 09:02 PM
    My Curve does this sometimes and it drives me nuts but since I've updated to 4.5 I haven't had any problems. I used to just do a battery pull and it would solve the problem.
    08-11-08 09:18 PM
    Red light stuck on too. I have to enable the signal coverage so it wont stay on all the time. It blinks green and flashes red when there is a message. Got to be the 4.5.0.69 OS. Anyone know how to fix this. Thanks
    08-11-08 09:48 PM
    do you have the latest build of 4.5? maybe that might reset it...
    08-11-08 09:50 PM
    Same problem here after installing latest 4.5 beta, found out what the cause was, it was ColorPearl that was causing the red light cause it's not compatible with the 4.5 OS. Once I disabled ColorPearl turn the BlackBerry off and on again, no more problems with the red light.

Good Luck!

Damen
    08-11-08 10:04 PM
    Thanks MiniM3, I just upgraded my 8100 to 4.5.052 and had the same problem. The red LED wold stay on hard once I had received or made aphone call. Truning off ColorPearl solved the problem. Thanks once again for taking th etime to respond to the oroginal post.
    08-11-08 11:44 PM
    Thanks MiniM3, I just upgraded my 8100 to 4.5.052 and had the same problem. The red LED wold stay on hard once I had received or made aphone call. Truning off ColorPearl solved the problem. Thanks once again for taking th etime to respond to the oroginal post.
    No problem, glad I could help. Would be awesome if the developer could make it compatible for the 4.5 OS, but the 8100 is out dated so it's not likely we'll see it happen, too bad, great little utility.

Damen
    08-13-08 09:00 PM
    I have the same problem with the light stuck on red - but it just happened randomly! I have 4.2, haven't upgraded because I have a mac and don't know how, but I was just chatting with friends on jivetalk and the red light turned on and STAYED on. this has never happened before... what's up?
    12-17-08 11:15 PM
    Its nothin major, just a minor glitch if you will. Something in your BB was on notify(red light) and at the same time canceled itself because a key was struck sending it back to the green light state. It will go off and on untill you reload a different OS than what you have. As for the Mac user there is a forum for you to upgrade. I have the 4.5.0.102 and I don't have any problems what so ever.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 01:36 AM
    Thanks! I had the same problem with an old 8100 I upgraded to 4.5.
    03-08-09 04:41 PM
    Thanks so much! I've been so frustrated with that red light staying on.
    03-08-09 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD