The red LED light on my 8100 no longer blinks when I have a message or missed call. How do I activate?
    12-26-07 10:34 AM
    I have the same problem called T-mobile and they have no clue...I read on a Pinstack thread that it doesn't work on the v4.2.1.107 upgrade...

Any feedback would be appreciated!
    12-26-07 05:05 PM
    I have the same problem called T-mobile and they have no clue...I read on a Pinstack thread that it doesn't work on the v4.2.1.107 upgrade...

Any feedback would be appreciated!
    All the LED's work with 4.2.1.107, trackball colors and top LED. I get Red for messages etc, Blue for BT and Green when it is charging. Do you get Green when it's charging? Turn on and off the coverage option for the LED and see what happens. Try a battery pull. If that don't fix it then it must be shorted out.
    12-26-07 06:07 PM
    it doesn't blink red for missed calls.
    12-26-07 06:18 PM
    I agree I would try a battery pull.
    12-26-07 07:40 PM
    I pulled the battery, reloaded the software, and call T-mobile with no results...People on Pinstack say the new OS does not include red blinking for missed calls...
    Last edited by BBPirate; 12-26-07 at 07:57 PM.
    12-26-07 07:53 PM
    I pulled the battery, reloaded the software, and call T-mobile with no results...People on Pinstack say the new OS does not include red blinking for missed calls...
    I have a Pearl 8100 with 4.2.1.107 from TMo. I have my phone on vibrate 100% of the time in the cradel on my desk. The red light is how I know I missed a call or message. If I choose to be available I answer and call from the BT headset.

107 is what was on the phone when I bought it new from TMo. Maybe take it to a TMo store and have them load their version on it.

Also, I use the Tmo theme but I have three others (all Zen) I switch to on a rare occation and the light still works. Maybe another theme might disable it? Just a thought.
    12-26-07 09:41 PM
    I have a Pearl 8100 with 4.2.1.107 from TMo. I have my phone on vibrate 100% of the time in the cradel on my desk. The red light is how I know I missed a call or message. If I choose to be available I answer and call from the BT headset.

107 is what was on the phone when I bought it new from TMo. Maybe take it to a TMo store and have them load their version on it.

Also, I use the Tmo theme but I have three others (all Zen) I switch to on a rare occation and the light still works. Maybe another theme might disable it? Just a thought.
    I just got this phone from T-mobile last week as they had to replace my first Pearl, 107 was and is on it. It appears Blackberries are going down hill in reliability lots of problems with them. T-mobile has offered me another replacement phone but I declined will just wait for next update to come out and if the problem remains cancel contract and switch companies and go with Treo or iPhone. This is not how business is done...
    12-27-07 05:36 AM
    Thanks for all your help - it worked before and now it stopped. TMobile tells me to call blackberry but they charge for incidence calls which I find repulsive after less than three months of ownership. My TMobile guy was a blackberry genius in sales mode and now he plays stupid as the contract is signed. I'm probably going to switch to verizon...
    12-27-07 05:49 PM
    You can call T-mobile CS and have them transfer you to their Blackberry Support and they will probably send you a reburb like they did me, but my second one came with a problem and now their offering me a third one, no thanks I'm done with them.
    12-27-07 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD