I dont think the title is worded right, but whats happening is when I recieve an email on my personal account, it gets pushed to my phone, but it also creates a copy of this email in my "messages" folder.

So basically im getting the same email twice.

I know there is an option for this, but i cant find it anymore and would really only like to recieve emails to my email account, not have it doubled up in my messages folder (you know where text messages and stuff go)

anyone know where the option is on a pearl 8100? and im not talking about Email>Options>General Options>SMS And Email Inboxes >Combined/Seperate/Theme Controlled.

I just tried that option and it wasnt the correct one.... that just game me an SMS folder on my desktop.
    01-21-09 07:03 AM
    The messages folder is a catch all for all emails. Only thing you can do is hide this icon if you wish but if you receive PIN messages tthis is not a good idea.

I didn't like this set up at first but I got used to it and actually use the messages folder more than the email folders

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 07:23 AM
    But beforehand I would get new mail and it would only show up in the email part it wouldn't make two copies

01-21-09 08:39 AM
    I've had my 8100 for over a year now, and the way mine has ALWAYS worked is this, when i get a E-Mail it will show up in the "email" folder for that account, and it will show up in the "messages" folder, and my "SMS" messages will show up in my "SMS/MMS" folder and "messages" folder. Meaning the "Messages" is where you can look at SMS/MMS and Emails on in one place but you can change the option through the "messages" menu to put all the pieces in one folder, your "messanges" folder, meaning you will not get a "SMS/MMS" icon and EVERYTHING is accessed through the "messages" icon. but i've never got repeat emails.....

01-21-09 10:10 AM
    But beforehand I would get new mail and it would only show up in the email part it wouldn't make two copies. Also I've seen an option for this something like "copy to messages folder." option

01-21-09 12:04 PM
    It isn't a repeat email when I get one it makes a copy in my messages folder.it didn't do this before yesterday I think.

01-21-09 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD