I have a blackberry pearl that I just got from a friend since mine broke. I used the desktop manager to transfer all of my info and put in my SIM card.

Now I know that I am receiving new SMS messages because I asked a friend to send me one. I cannot see the new messages in my inbox. The little yellow icon appears, my inboxes are set to "combined" and I already did a battery pull.

The icon remains (without the little red star) but I have looked through every single inbox manually and can't find these new messages. I can send SMS texts, but they also do not show up as sent (they did on my old phone). They do go through, however, since I had a friend help me test it out.

Any clue? This is driving me crazy.
    08-06-09 12:00 AM
    Have you tryed to seperate the SMS and Emails then go to the main message icon and open it?

If that doesn't work. Yet to set your theme to BB Demension Today.

Hope this works for you.
    I'm not very BB litterate.
    But doing thoes worked for me in the past.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 01:58 PM
    Oops! When you set the theme. Open the message icon that appears on the home screen.

The message should appear. And you can't read it.

Then change your theme back to what you had.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 02:00 PM
    It was actually a simple fix! When I changed over my stuff, the date on the phone was wrong, so it kept logging the messages sometime in January 2009, so instead of being at the top of the list, they were way down at the bottom under a weird date in the past.

All I had to do was set the correct date and the messages were in the right place.
    08-06-09 06:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD