I have the 8110 and within the past 3 days, it has done a complete restart 4 times without me doing anything to make it happen. I checked and I do not have an automatic restart set on the phone. The first time I wasn't touching it, it did it twice when I was browsing, and once when a call was coming in. My memory is good, so I cannot figure out what is causing the problem. Any insight to why this is happening would be great!
    08-21-09 06:20 PM
    Do you have a media card in the phone? If so remove it and leave it out for a little while. Corrupt or faulty media cards have been known to cause this to happen from time to time.

There is a chance it could also be the battery. Has the phone reset at all on charge?
    08-22-09 04:37 AM
    my media card was bad and i took it out and replaced it and sure enough no more restarts.
    08-22-09 10:52 PM
    I don't have a media card. It hasn't restarted in a couple days, so I'm not really sure what's going on.
    08-24-09 09:38 AM
    I am on my third Pearl since I bought my first almost exactly one year ago. I've had memory problems with each one and had to do multiple battery pulls daily and couldn't use more than 3 small applications. Out of the blue, about a month ago my phone stopped recognizing the charger, even though sometimes it would show that it was charging... when I left the phone to charge overnight, it ate one battery completely, so I put a backup that I had in. That worked for about a day and again, though it said that it was charging, it ate that battery, too. I went into the store today and they are going to send me a 4th refurbished phone. In the meantime, they told me to try buying a new battery, which I did for about $50 (didn't have time to shop around!) Phone worked initially, but out of the blue, it shut down when I wasn't even touching it and when it went to restart, it had the red light, then the white screen with the hour glass and then shut back down! I took the battery out for about 20 minutes and tried it again with the same result! I took the memory card out, as mentioned above, but now the phone won't do anything! Anyone else having these same problems, and does anyone know why?!? I've deleted all languages, pictures, etc. that came with the phone and don't have anything at ALL saved on the phone itself! *sigh*
    08-25-09 02:49 PM
    My phone has reset itself twice in the last week. The first time it happened when I plugged it in to the wall charger. Last night it happened when I set it on my bedside table. So far it has only happened when I'm not doing anything, but if this starts to happen when I'm trying to use my phone, I may go ballistic!
    08-25-09 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD