So i've just switched to the Blackberry world. Got a Pearl flip 8230. Love it.. Except when I switched from my LG Voyager, I started getting these odd text messages. It was from a TWELVE digit phone number, and it said the same thing in it every time. It was just random gibberish. I've had to switch my phone number since and it has stopped. Telus said that there has been no incoming messages from that 12 digit phone number so there must be an error somewhere. They said it's been reported before and the other people had to switch numbers. The thing that gets me is this is obviously a bug somewhere there and there's still no solution for it.. Anyways, has anyone else found a solution to this without switching numbers? He said I can get my number back if I really want to..
    04-26-09 01:03 AM
    If you subscribed to any push content services on your Voyager, the odd text messages on your 8320 may have been an artifact of that service. If you recall the number, google it. You may find it links to a specific service that you can have blocked. That's been reported a number of times.
    04-26-09 01:02 PM
    I had the same problem with Sprint a few weeks ago. I've had my number for years so it's not a carry over from the previous "owner." What I was told that similar to an auto dialer they're a program that sends texts out with link to a premium website (which is what I received). It's a pain but, I just delete them as they arrive.
    04-26-09 01:22 PM
    If you subscribed to any push content services on your Voyager, the odd text messages on your 8320 may have been an artifact of that service. If you recall the number, google it. You may find it links to a specific service that you can have blocked. That's been reported a number of times.
    Well, this is what I think the problem is. I had "My Email" subscription, when I switched over I still had it, then I cancelled it AFTER i was on my Blackberry. After I cancelled it the messages started to come... Telus says this is not their fault so all they offered me was a free phone number change...

I had the same problem with Sprint a few weeks ago. I've had my number for years so it's not a carry over from the previous "owner." What I was told that similar to an auto dialer they're a program that sends texts out with link to a premium website (which is what I received). It's a pain but, I just delete them as they arrive.
    Nah... this is not it. It's not an autodialer. Telus said it's not even a valid number from a foreign country even. It's some sort of an error message.
    04-26-09 05:29 PM
    So here's what happened when I had to get it fixed:

I called Telus, they say it's not their fault and the only way to fix it is with a number change. I did that, I don't get the messages anymore.. but I had to sacrifice my good number that I had for 6 years.. I wasn't happy. My compensation? A free number change... Wow...

I owned an LG Voyager previously before switching the a Blackberry Pearl Flip, after I got the Pearl Flip I called Telus to cancel my "My Email" subscription. As soon as I did that I started getting these messages. I've NEVER had MSN Messenger on any of my phones.. I am thinking that when you have a subscription on a regular cell phone, switch to a PDA or Blackberry and don't cancel the subscription BEFORE you switch, then that's when these error messages happen. My theory anyways..

I think I got to the bottom of it.. I just called Telus to inform them of this error on their part, yeah, and they didn't care what I had to say at all. At least the girl I was talking to that spoke terrible English didn't..
    04-26-09 05:48 PM
    The problem lies with your previous carrier and the source of your "My Email" subscription. The messages you continued to receive are proof that your subscription was not properly canceled, even though you attempted to cancel it. I don't think Telus can fix that, unless Telus was your carrier with the LG Voyager.
    04-26-09 08:00 PM
    The problem lies with your previous carrier and the source of your "My Email" subscription. The messages you continued to receive are proof that your subscription was not properly canceled, even though you attempted to cancel it. I don't think Telus can fix that, unless Telus was your carrier with the LG Voyager.
    Telus was my carrier with the Voyager. Been with them for 5 or 6 years now. Also, I asked 3 different Telus Support Reps if it was canceled / canceled properly and all 3 said yes.
    04-27-09 01:30 AM
    No wonder you are frustrated. But my point is still valid. No matter how many reps told you the service was canceled, you have indisputable proof it was not. If you want your old number back, request it. It may be that the cancellation has now propagated through the system and the messages will not resume. If so, you've got what you want. If they do resume, take your evidence and escalate the matter thru Telus Customer Support.
    04-27-09 05:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD