my girlfriend just got a blackberry pearl off of ebay for verizon and she has had it for a couple weeks now. last week it just randomly started deleting her text messages. so i searched and saw that her memory must have been full and to delete some applications to free up some space. we did that, but the problem still occurs... is her phone defective? why does this keep happening? under her status it still says she has memory left.
    thank you.
    06-17-08 05:45 PM
    Her memoury needs to be over 10MB at all times to avoid this problem.
    06-17-08 05:47 PM
    06-18-08 07:12 PM
    i have did eveything in all the links except for the "Optimize your BB! How To Setup for max free memory!". after doing everything the other links said, she still did not have 10,000,000 memory free on her phone.

i also have a pearl and last night mine was acting up and wouldnt let me send picture messages or zoom on my camera. i check my memory and it usually is around 20,000,000 free and it was way low. i took my battery out and restarted it and it was fine. i was just wondering why this happend?
    06-26-08 07:51 PM
    Sometimes a battery pull will correct everything!
    06-26-08 07:56 PM
    how come my girlfriends phone still wont get to 10000000 free memory?? all her pictures and everything are saved to her memory card.
    06-26-08 07:59 PM
    My VZW 8130 has deleted the call logs a few times on me, but not because of the number of programs installed, it's because of the number running. Remind her she can't exit a program just by hitting the "end" key- that leaves it running in the background. You have to hit the berry/menu key and select Close.
    I check to make sure I have things closed by holding the lower-left alt key and tapping backspace when on the homescreen. This works like alt-tab on a PC to switch between all the running programs. The main five you can't shut down, but the rest you should.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 09:40 PM
    I am new to the forum so I can't post url's but do a google search for "Kelly Carter Blog" and read his article on disappearing call logs etc. I followed the steps described and have had no more problems.
    TP
    06-27-08 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD