I'm just minding my own waiting for the response of a friend as we're deciding a meeting point for the day when (after a few hours of no response) i look down on my blackberry 8130 to see that instead of a nice healthy signal I'm getting the word "off". I've had this problem once before and have searched the internet for the simple answer as to why my radio has decided nows a good time to turn off, but I've found none!

And, after a second time i think I've decided that i shouldn't have to pull my battery just to fix the problem. Does anyone out there know what this is all about?
    03-13-08 01:36 PM
    Not to worry... The device will automatically shut down the radio to preserve battery life when the battery is low. I believe it is around 5-10% My solution was to plug it in...

BIGRIC
    03-13-08 02:09 PM
    the battery was around 40%, it was also plugged into the computer.
    03-13-08 03:43 PM
    This has been an issue brought up before. Not sure why it does it. I've seen some of the other devices do it too.
    03-13-08 03:53 PM
    Ah, thanks then. Hopefully something not missed by RIM and possibly updated in the future.

Closed!
    03-13-08 04:26 PM
    is "radio" just another word for the signal you get that shows on the top right? My battery doesn't seem to last that long (just bought the phone a few days ago) and I haven't had anything running a lot. I don't get the best coverage at home and it constantly goes from 1-3 bars, sometimes no bars...maybe that effects the battery?
    03-23-08 04:26 PM
    I have been having the same problem. I find myself constantly looking at the phone, just to make sure the radio is on. I have took the phone to sprint about 3 different times, and each time they can't figure out the problem so they give me a replacement phone since i have insurance. So needless to say, i have gone through 4 8130s now and all of them have this problem. It seems to be happening most when I am playing brick breaker, but it happens a lot over night, when it is plugged in. All of the times that it happens, my battery is at or almost at a full charge.
    11-13-08 09:30 AM
    I am having the same problem this morning. My battery is at 100%, I have my phone set to turn off every night to preserve battery life. I have no clue as to what is going on.
    11-13-08 11:22 AM
    I have been having the same problem.... It seems to be happening most when I am playing brick breaker.
    There's an old joke where a guy goes to a doctor and says, "Doc, it hurts when I do this." The Doc's response is, "Well, then don't do that."

Lol, sorry, I couldn't resist.
    11-13-08 12:13 PM
    is "radio" just another word for the signal you get that shows on the top right? My battery doesn't seem to last that long (just bought the phone a few days ago) and I haven't had anything running a lot. I don't get the best coverage at home and it constantly goes from 1-3 bars, sometimes no bars...maybe that effects the battery?
    Is exactly why you battery goes down. Your phone I always looking for the best signal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 12:20 PM
    This happened to me this morning, and it's not the 1st time. I have mine set to auto-off at 12:30 am and auto-on at 6:00 am. It came back on this morning and pulled some e-mails, then I went to check e-mail a couple of hours later and the radio was OFF. I went into to connection settings and turned it back on, and it grabbed a bunch of e-mails, but not sure why it happened. I fully charged the battery last night, so I know it's not a battery issue.

11-14-08 10:19 AM
    Everytime you turn your pearl off or restart it, the radio is turned off by default. I, too used to set it for auto off at night, but had to turn the radio on each morning. I felt that to be a real pain, so I just keep it on as much as possible now.

11-15-08 10:53 AM
    I put my BB on phone only and put it on standby before I go to bed. That way I won't miss an emergency phone call but don't have to hear texts, BBMs, or emails that may come over night.

11-15-08 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD