I have a sprint pearl 8130 and the mobile network always shuts off. I've read on the internet that it does it occasionally for some people but mine won't even stay on for 30 seconds. I wiped out my phone & everything, still not working. It's been going on for about 3 days? I really need my phone and I've only had it since April. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? Any suggestions?
    07-31-09 10:28 PM
    If you've only had it since April, and it's shutting off that quickly, you should be able to have it exchanged.
    08-01-09 09:33 AM
    i've seen it several times... go get a swap unit. 2-5 business days to come in (if its the same process at TELUS) and you'll get another pearl

However if your on old software (4.3) ... that sometimes causes the issue. If you app load up to 4.5 software (50% that issue fixed by a simple SW upgrade )

Good Luck.
    08-01-09 09:54 AM
    Had the same problem, took it in and got it replaced no problem...mine was beat up too. Had tape keeping the trackball in place, no issues at all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 06:24 PM
    I had the same problem, only had mine working for 3 WEEKS!!
    Took it to the cell repair store but that was useless.
    I suggest you go and get your phone replaced!
    08-02-09 10:13 PM
    I have a sprint pearl 8130 and the mobile network always shuts off. I've read on the internet that it does it occasionally for some people but mine won't even stay on for 30 seconds. I wiped out my phone & everything, still not working. It's been going on for about 3 days? I really need my phone and I've only had it since April. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? Any suggestions?
    Instead of getting it replaced, call into to tech support and go through manual programming. They're going to have to dial ##000000 and check the settings. If you get a tech support agent that knows what they're doing it shouldn't take more than 15 minutes.

You could also do a google search saying something like "manual programming for blackberry pearl 8130" and you'll probably be able to find a walkthrough and do it yourself.
    08-02-09 10:16 PM
    I know mine turns off the radio if its low on battery...

Yeah, if its just randomly turning radio off, try and get the phone replaced.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 10:58 PM
    I am having this same issue with the connection shutting itself off all the time. I am updated and my battery isn't low. Although I find that when I do make calls since this connection failing issued started my battery doesn't last as long. Please some help me. My warranty is up and I just want to fix it. I've tried almost everything yet this seems like such an easy this to fix if I just new how to.
    06-07-10 08:19 AM
    Mine keep doing the same thing wedge a piece of paper in the top of the battery to push it down kinda right in the middle of the top. i have no problems after i did that.
    06-15-10 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD