I've been browsing the forums all over the internet for this problem and no solution is really posted. some say amplify via software, and this really doesn't solve anything. there is a limiter on the ringer itself.. it plays the mp3 file FINE in the media player. why does it quiet it when its used as a ringer ? profile/edit is set to loud, so thats not a solution. tried amplifying mp3, no solution either. there has to be a way for the ringer to be as loud as it is in the media player.. any hacks/ solutions ?? thanks!

i had a similar issue w/ the Moto Q, and holding down the roller ball on the side and adjusting the volume, did the trick of making the rigner very loud! i'm sure BB has a way out too.

thanks again.
    05-27-08 02:05 PM
    Welcome to CB. Sounds like the only solution left is for you to either hold the phone closer to your head or get a hearing aid.
    05-27-08 02:16 PM
    Welcome to CB. Sounds like the only solution left is for you to either hold the phone closer to your head or get a hearing aid.
    HAHA. also not a solution!
    05-27-08 02:18 PM
    If you go to Media, and then go to the options using your menu key there is an audio boost setting you can enable.
    05-27-08 02:28 PM
    I've been browsing the forums all over the internet for this problem and no solution is really posted. some say amplify via software, and this really doesn't solve anything. there is a limiter on the ringer itself.. it plays the mp3 file FINE in the media player. why does it quiet it when its used as a ringer ? profile/edit is set to loud, so thats not a solution. tried amplifying mp3, no solution either. there has to be a way for the ringer to be as loud as it is in the media player...
    sorry if this is not it, but

instead of choosing loud, scroll down to advanced. select normal. scroll to phone.

now, what does your volume say?
    05-28-08 02:18 AM
    I had to turn my ringer down... its so loud it sounds like its about to blow the speaker.
    05-28-08 02:20 AM
    Check whether the ringtone is coming from the back speaker or the phone earpiece. I recall reading about a similar problem caused by the ringtone coming from the phone earpiece instead of the speaker.
    05-28-08 04:41 AM
    I had to turn my ringer down... its so loud it sounds like its about to blow the speaker.
    Thats nice.. but that doesn't really solve my issue

Check whether the ringtone is coming from the back speaker or the phone earpiece. I recall reading about a similar problem caused by the ringtone coming from the phone earpiece instead of the speaker.
    Hard to tell. Lets say it is coming from the earpieace, how do I change that ?
    05-28-08 09:18 AM
    You cannot change where the ringtone is played from. Stick your ear to the speaker and earpiece while the phone is ringing and see which is louder - that will tell you where the sound is coming from.
    05-28-08 10:05 AM
    Thats nice.. but that doesn't really solve my issue

i'll try once more: what does your volume say?
    05-28-08 10:10 AM
    i'll try once more: what does your volume say?
    i don't understand. if i go into profiles, i have to select which profile i want to edit. When i edit LOUD and/ or NORMAL, both ringers are set to HIGH
    05-28-08 10:58 AM
    if you've gotten that far, then for sure you have tone selected. i wanted to be sure to rule out the basics.

unfortunately, that means your phone is defective
    05-28-08 11:17 AM
    if you've gotten that far, then for sure you have tone selected. i wanted to be sure to rule out the basics.

unfortunately, that means your phone is defective
    but i'm not the only one w/ the quiet ringer problem... its all over the forums!?
    05-28-08 11:41 AM
    but i'm not the only one w/ the quiet ringer problem... its all over the forums!?
    I have to agree with a couple of the other posts on here. This is an unusual problem for an 8130. And I'm not convinced you amplified the ringtone. So I am just going to jump on the bandwagon and tell you to go get it replaced.
    05-28-08 12:08 PM
    I have to agree with a couple of the other posts on here. This is an unusual problem for an 8130. And I'm not convinced you amplified the ringtone. So I am just going to jump on the bandwagon and tell you to go get it replaced.
    you mean amplified the ringtone w/ software ? I did it w/ audacity.
    05-28-08 04:05 PM
    When a ringtone is playing, if you click menu do you have a choice for "activate handset" or "activate speakerphone" ?

Try that in both positions while a long ringtone is playing (so you have time to listen to differences) and see if makes a difference... not just to playback in media player but also with a test phone call coming in too if possible, in case it's a separate setting in the phone app. This setting might also need to be checked on the actual phone menu while the phone is ringing, not just in the media player... you'll have to move quickly tho as it won't ring for a long time.

Let me know if that helps (via PM if you'd rather)
    06-04-08 01:31 AM
    Was an answer ever found? I am having this issue, too, and it is driving me ******** nuts.
    06-22-08 01:36 PM
    I have the same problems can't take this **** no more i don't even know when it's ringing when i have it not next to me. Its really really quite and don't tell me to go set it to high or **** like that i'm not stupid there got to be some hidden tools hacks cracks or there is a problem with the phone. It sucks for me bc i didn't take any warranty for it from Sprint when i bought it 60 day's ago. What can i do ?
    06-23-08 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD