Anyone tried this out yet? Quickplay.com.

To quote... "...VideoStreams is initially available on the BlackBerry Pearl 8130 smartphone to subscribers on North American wireless carrier networks that support EVDO**, such as Sprint Nextel, Bell Mobility, Telus Mobility and Alltel Wireless..."

I have the 8130. I'm with Telus. The press release is dated Jan 14//08.

I tried it and it loaded up. But no media plays. I emailed their CS and got this:

Thank you for contacting QuickPlayer Customer Support. I'm pleased to help you with any issues you may be having with the service.

Currently the 8130 model is not compatible with the QuickPlayer.

Thanks for using the QuickPlayer for Blackberry audio service!

Sincerely,

Shajon Habibullah
    QuickPlayer Customer Support
    03-03-08 09:17 AM
    yeah, i dowloaded it too because it's been said that it's supposed to work with 8130.

Is there anything that 8130 can use to watch streaming videos? I'm starting to regret getting this thing.
    03-03-08 12:02 PM
    I'm wondering the same thing. For now you can just copy stuff to your BB and play. For streaming, I got this app to work. Go to 24access dot com. It's called Wauw. For now I was able to get streaming to work from my PC to my BB 8130 for pictures and they have some radio stations. It worked at first, but now it's not. Not sure why. They say video streaming is to come. Try it out and see if you have any better luck. The radio station thing would be cool if it were reliable.
    03-03-08 12:08 PM
    OOPS. This was a no no.

Deleted to keep from getting Crackberry.com in trouble.

Sorry, guys. My bad. Won't happen again
    Last edited by adambigge; 03-05-08 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Removed illegal content.
    03-03-08 01:15 PM
    Close. I emailed but the I couldn't click on the links. Then I typed in the first one, for MSNBC and got an error message about an unsupported format. BB 8130 with Telus.
    03-03-08 01:31 PM
    This one is gone too.
    Sorry....
    Last edited by adambigge; 03-05-08 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Removed illegal content.
    03-03-08 01:36 PM
    Hmm. I only have .65 from Telus. I'm a little scared about upgrading. Hate to turn this thing into a brick. But for tv channels it, could be worth it. I wonder if anyone else on Telus has this working.
    03-03-08 01:41 PM
    I heard that you can upgrade to the USCC .97 OS. An outdated OS can cause issues. I had to upgrade mine to stream audio/video. My brother was having probs with his BB and once he upgraded his he was able to view M.Youtube.com videos.

Gadgetgeek posted the addy for the .97 update.............
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/us-...-8130-a-16688/

Here is where he pointed someone else in a related thread.
    03-03-08 01:55 PM
    Okay, I'll try it out tonight. Maybe that's why things like quickplay.com don't work, too.
    03-03-08 01:58 PM
    updating is pretty easy. The EXE file does all the work. The only issue I have ever had is the backup portion of the update hangs and I have to shut it down through taskmanager. I got around that by doing a manual backup through the DesktopManager, skipping the backup portion of the update, and then restoring everything after the update was finished.

Piece of cake.
    03-03-08 02:01 PM
    Now if there were only anything worth watching on there! And the sound sucks BIG TIME!!
    03-05-08 04:09 PM
    try vtap.com. you can stream short video clips on this site. Mainly news clips, sports, etc.. It should work with the pearl. It works with the operating system that is on the pearl when it's shipped.
    03-11-08 07:54 PM
    Hmm. I only have .65 from Telus. I'm a little scared about upgrading. Hate to turn this thing into a brick. But for tv channels it, could be worth it. I wonder if anyone else on Telus has this working.

i updated the second day i had the 8130 from 65 to 97. no different, telus does not support streaming video at this time .....
    03-11-08 07:58 PM
    try vtap.com. you can stream short video clips on this site. Mainly news clips, sports, etc.. It should work with the pearl. It works with the operating system that is on the pearl when it's shipped.
    Tried it. Vtap also doesn't work. I did the upgrade to .97. I hope one day the Pearl on Telus can get streaming video to work.
    03-11-08 08:48 PM
    I'm in the same boat, I upgraded my os, still the video streaming doesnt load anything! Bluemobi.com does play sometimes but not always.
    04-11-08 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD