Hey everyone. I once had a Blackberry Storm 2 and Curve, but for the last year I've had a Droid X. I'm honestly a little sick of touch screen phones, though, and noticed Blackberry had the Pearl flip phone. I really enjoyed my Blackberry devices when I had them but upgraded to the Droid X because I thought it would be more fun to use and had better apps. While that is partially true, I want to go back to having a flip phone. This is especially because the newer Android/iPhone phones are more aimed to the younger crowd (I'm 19, so yeah, I'm young, but I'm not really a sucker for this stuff anymore) and I'm using my phone way too much.

How is the Blackberry 8230? Is the battery life good with average use of apps/internet browsing? Is there a Kindle app (this would be a bummer for me if it didn't)? Is the headphone jack the standard one for most mp3/audio devices (not the mini one most flip phones have)? Does it have 3G?

Thanks. Hope to hear something soon.
    Last edited by TristanCross; 02-04-12 at 02:47 AM.
    02-04-12 02:45 AM
    The 8230 is kinda old at this point to be shopping for.

Check out the BB Style forum. The Style is a much newer flip running OS 6. It would bridge nicely with a PlayBook.
    02-04-12 04:10 AM
    I don't feel like dishing out hundreds of dollars for a phone (I don't want to sign another two year agreement witg Verizon). Plus, I don't like the new Blackberry flip phones (too wide).
    02-04-12 09:40 AM
    I know how you feel about the form factor. I still keep my 8220 around for occasional weekend use. It's way lighter than my Torch. The 8230 will have 3G, Bluetooth, and GPS but no Wi-Fi. It has a standard 3.5mm headphone jack and a microUSB card slot for your music collection. You can find the full specs at PhoneArena. Battery life will be decent as long as the GPS is not in use. It still has the old, slow BB browser; you'll want to install Opera or Bolt instead.

Oh and I forgot to say, Welcome to CrackBerry!
    02-04-12 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD