oook i have more questions! haha

1) ummm the main page where you scroll through address book, calendar, media, camera etc.. if i hide one of them, how do i get them back?

also, i've seen some images of blackberries with those icons arranged in an L format, how can i do that?

2) i have voicemail, how do i set it up/dial to check it etc...?

3) the silver button on the top with the microphone crossed out, silly question but is that... mute? or to put it on silent mode or something?

4) the salesman said some settings change when you put it in the holster? my question is... how does it know! magnets of some sort?

uhh i think thats all for now... haha
    thanks so much!

xo.
    09-05-08 09:11 PM
    i had voicemail on my old phone, if that makes a difference (aka, no need to set up maybe?)
    09-05-08 09:13 PM
    oook i have more questions! haha

1) ummm the main page where you scroll through address book, calendar, media, camera etc.. if i hide one of them, how do i get them back?
    Press Menu and select Show All the Enter key will toggle it on/off.

also, i've seen some images of blackberries with those icons arranged in an L format, how can i do that?
    It depends on what Operating System your phone is running. The L theme is there from OS 4.3 onwards. To find the OS version go to Options, About and the OS version is the 3rd line down. To change themes, go to Options, Themes and select one.

2) i have voicemail, how do i set it up/dial to check it etc...?
    Find your voicemail number and keep it handy. Press and hold the numeric 1 key and it will prompt you to assign a speeddial.

3) the silver button on the top with the microphone crossed out, silly question but is that... mute? or to put it on silent mode or something?
    This button has 2 functions. During a call it is the Mute button. Off calls it is the Standby button. Press and hold and the phone goes to sleep. The keyboard is locked and the screen blancked. Calls will still come in and so will emails, SMSs etc. Battery saving is massive in this mode.

4) the salesman said some settings change when you put it in the holster? my question is... how does it know! magnets of some sort?
    Yup. There's a sensor below the keyboard and when the phone is holserted the hosler has a magnet and the phone goes into Standby BUT you can change the ring preferences to be different when holstered.

uhh i think thats all for now... haha
    thanks so much!

xo.
    Welcome to Crackberry.

Look at the 101 lectures in my sig. They will help you a lot.
    09-05-08 09:35 PM
    ahhh thanks so much! you're the best
    09-05-08 10:10 PM
    ok more q's.. just a few.. sorry!

1) windows live messenger application on my blackberry doesnt seem to be working. it lets me log in and i can see my contacts but when i try to send a msg it says: "error, your message cannot be sent, there is a problem with the server please try again later" BUT it said that all yesterday and now today.. is this common?

2) i am trying to get a weather application on here and i want to use the one associated with weather.ca i think its called the weathereye, it consistently gives me an error message, "service unavailable, server is temporarily overloading or in maintenance please try loading on a different page". my question is, are there other links to get the weathereye? i would like that one because weather.ca is the website i normally frequent and so i know i can rely on their canadian weather forecasts

thanks!

xo.
    09-06-08 08:46 AM
    The L theme is not just for 4.3. I have 4.2.1 and I have been able to get some L themes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-08 08:46 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/

This has lots a great apps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-08 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD