Multiple questions, really...

I recently called AT&T to get the unlock code for my phone. Put it in and it said "code accepted". One site I read said to power off/on the phone. Another said it will reboot itself (it didn't). I powered the phone off/on then even did a battery pull.

My question is, will I see anything different or is there an option now that I can see if the code actually unlocked the phone?

Second question is, I'm moving to T-Mobile and unlocking the phone is a "just in case" something happens with my new phone, I can throw the sim back in my Pearl and still talk/email/text my contacts. Is it simply THAT easy? Or do I have to configure the phone with TMo? (Basically, when I get my new TMo phone, what should I be asking or doing to ensure my Pearl will work as a backup should the new phone ever stop working?)

Lastly, I read an older thread that stated TMo might be the only carrier that wouldn't require a data plan with the Pearl. Is that true? I thought about giving my Pearl away to a family member, but if it forces him/her to use a data plan then I won't. Are they just going to lock the phone out completely (no voice)?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys/gals can provide me.
    07-13-10 04:11 PM
    You won't see anything different. Everything will work the same. Regarding the data plan that would be up to each T-Mobile Rep not too sure if they "require" a data plan.
    07-15-10 01:10 PM
    Thanks for the response.
    I took my current TMo sim and placed it in the Pearl and after a few mins I was able to dial out, but no calls were coming in. I'm not sure if there is a time range for the sim and phone and networks to all come together or not. So for the most part it seems it should work.

I'll just have to pray nothing happens to my current phone
    07-17-10 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD