My boyfriend is really wanting a BB pearl, but he only carries his phone in his pocket... has never been into a holster or things like it. However, he is worried about keeping it in his pocket like he wants to since it has an open screen and he doesn't want to ruin it. I carry mine in my purse so I don't have this problem.

How do most of you guys carry your BB? Any of you just slip it in your pocket? If not, do you think carrying it this way is a bad idea or no?

Thanks in advance! He's really wanting to join the wonderful world of BBs
    02-26-08 10:18 PM
    I carry mine in my pocket, I don't like holsters much either. Just skin it with something like best skins ever, and you won't have to worry about the screen getting scratched. They protect it very well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-08 10:23 PM
    You can possibly scratch the screen by carrying in the pocket but you can get a invisibleshield screen protector to help protect at invisibleSHIELD iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield. But the biggest concern would be dust and lint getting under the screen.

Put in your pocket at your own risk!

02-26-08 10:23 PM
    If im in a Curve mood, i usually just carry it around in my hand. If im in a Pearl mood, i throe it in my pocket. I am only in a Pearl mood when i am doing something that i might break my phone.
    Pearl is kinda girly, IMHO...
    They have a BSE, and i got both my Bestskinsever for less than 1 Invisible shield
    BestSkinsEver, The name says it all
    Last edited by cjcarbone; 02-26-08 at 10:29 PM.
    02-26-08 10:25 PM
    I throw mine in my pocket. No problems yet.
    02-26-08 10:26 PM
    Is putting a skin on it necessary if he puts it in his pocket? Or does it really not make a difference?

I don't have one on mine, nor do I know someone who does.. that's why I ask. Not sure what the real benefits of them are.
    02-26-08 10:29 PM
    A skin is clear, it just protect the entire phone, including the screen, against scratches. Necessary???? If you love your BB!!!!!
    02-26-08 10:31 PM
    my pearl sports a Best Skin Ever, and its awesome. i got a couple bubbles on the screen, but nothing bad, but the body.. you cant even tell its on there.
    i took it out of the holster i carry it in today and showed a guy at work who owns a BB Curve, and started whacking it with my key, his eyes got huge, and he puts his hand out to stop me.. i handed him my pearl and he was astonished that there wasnt a scratch on it lol
    02-26-08 10:31 PM
    I have an invisible shield screen protector and I use the provided blackberry leather case for it. It keeps it in standby so my battery last way longer.
    02-26-08 10:36 PM
    I went to the BSE site to order one. Best to go with with the total body skin, or the screen skin?

Also, he has a fear that he will drop it. I took out insurance on mine since I'm prone to accidents as well. Any of you ever dropped yours? Just wondering how resilient they are.
    02-26-08 10:43 PM
    go with the full body. Its easy to install, and protect the whole BB.
    02-26-08 10:46 PM
    I use a combination of the BSE that you are thinking of ordering as well as the official RIM Rubber skin that wraps around the back and sides. I figure since i've snapped 2 holsters by getting into the car I should start carrying it in my pocket :S
    02-26-08 10:54 PM
    I carry mine in my right front pocket, I use a silicone skin for it and it works great at protecting. One set back though is it gets tacky in the pocket, not quick drawl Mcgraw phone calls. As for the screen getting scratched, just don't put anything else in the dedicated berry carry pouch.
    02-26-08 11:00 PM
    Front pocket bare works perfectly fine for me. No scratches, no problems. Just have an empty pocket
    02-27-08 12:07 AM
    I love the leather pouch... But that's for protection, and in my experience, nothing, I mean NOTHING covers the entire pearl like BodyGuardz - Scratch-Proof Transparent Protective Skins for Mobile Devices . Hands down, my favorite, good value, and STRONG

02-27-08 12:24 AM
    LLBean, I carry my Pearl in my pocket in the included "pouch" that came with it. I think about getting a hard plastic case and holster combo, but I keep having a nightmarish flash of brushing up against something and having my Pearl accidentally ejected from said holster and flying across the ground. I worry that the screen would get cracked. If your bf (or fiance? i can't remember) has a desk job, maybe that's not as much of an issue. I do computer and phone support in an industrial setting and am under desks and up on ladders constantly. I'm keeping mine in my pocket. Another concern is forgetting it's in my pocket and pushing up against something and crushing my Pearl against my leg and whatever object I'm in contact with. (keep it clean people! I'm talking about computer equipment and such here!) That's why I like leather pouch that came with the Pearl-to add some protection to the screen. And the sleeper magnet is great. I have insurance but there is still a $50 deductable!
    02-27-08 01:44 AM
    Genuine BB leather belt pouch. Puts phone in standby mode when in pouch, saves battery. Gives me access to volume buttons, works great with bluetooth earpiece.

Pocket is definitely out, even with skins or hardshell cases. Too difficult to dig into my pocket when I'm wearing jeans, and doubly tough when I'm sitting down or get into my car and buckle up, forgetting that my phone is in my pocket. Murphy's Law dictates that the phone will ALWAYS ring when it is in the pocket of my jeans, I have just buckled up, I'm trying to back the car out of the garage or merge into traffic, and my son is in the backseat vying for my attention with a play-by-play recounting of the latest episode of Sponge Bob. By the time I dig my phone out, I've missed the call...and it will have been something unimportant -- like an urgent message from my boss.

Also, I hate having my pockets look like they are stuffed with paper towels by the time I put my car keys, bluetooth earpiece, and other misc. and sundry items in there. I may feel like a pack mule, but I don't have to look like one.
    Last edited by NevadaDad; 02-27-08 at 02:07 AM.
    02-27-08 02:02 AM
    I love the leather pouch... But that's for protection, and in my experience, nothing, I mean NOTHING covers the entire pearl like BodyGuardz - Scratch-Proof Transparent Protective Skins for Mobile Devices . Hands down, my favorite, good value, and STRONG

For 25bux, you can get 3 BSE. And they all use the same material. I had all 3 on different phones, and the BSE was by far the best fitting, best cut, fastest shipped, and cheapest.
    02-27-08 02:02 AM
    I carry mine in my front pocket also. I also use best skins ever for a clear screen skin and I have a BB ruber skin around the outside casing to help give you a nice secure grip. No problems.
    02-27-08 09:38 AM
    Mine is always carried in my empty pocket.
    02-27-08 09:41 AM
    I got a nice gold chain, hooked it up thru the lanyard, got it 'round the neck. BLING!

No... Pants up around my waist where they belong, Pearl in an empty pocket sporting a black or blue (depending on my mood) silicone skin. No problems. Better grip.
    02-27-08 09:44 AM
    I'm wanting to order the BSE now, cause it sounds like it's something everyone should have regardless of how you carry your BB.
    I have been told in this thread already that I need to go with the total body skin. I'm assuming this covers the back right? Can someone tell me if the camera layout is vertical or horizontal? I know some BBs vary depending on your carrier. Thanks
    02-27-08 09:57 AM
    I'm wanting to order the BSE now, cause it sounds like it's something everyone should have regardless of how you carry your BB.
    I have been told in this thread already that I need to go with the total body skin. I'm assuming this covers the back right? Can someone tell me if the camera layout is vertical or horizontal? I know some BBs vary depending on your carrier. Thanks
    I don't think it's carrier as much as model. I believe the 8100 was vertical while the 8110 8120 8130 are horizontal.
    02-27-08 10:06 AM
    For 25bux, you can get 3 BSE. And they all use the same material. I had all 3 on different phones, and the BSE was by far the best fitting, best cut, fastest shipped, and cheapest.
    well, almost, but the BSE does not nearly cover the same area. bodyguardz cover the side rails, and almost every inch of the back cover (which i am unsure about for the BSE skin.)
    Regardless, the best protection for the phone is thinking of where you place it, and keeping it's safety in mind (and having a great insurance plan for those OH **** instances)
    02-27-08 10:10 AM
    I got my Pearl from Verizon. Company discount included a free headset, memory card and Verizon holster. I carried my old PDA phone in a holster so I was used to it. Three things I like about the holster are it's thick enough so I can get my finger tips inside between the phone and the holster, the magnetic catch turns it to standby mode, and if it falls off my belt, or I drop it (in the holster), the holster protects it.
    02-27-08 12:12 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD