Greetings, I am a new here as I have just switched over to T-Mobile and will be getting my first blackberry around Tuesday of this coming week. Anyways I would like to be prepared for when the phones arrive and am looking for some advice.

I have an existing cable connection but no wireless router so I am going to go out and purchase one this weekend. Is there a particular wireless router that is best to use?? Are all of them the same in terms of working with all wi-fi phones.

I was wanting to purchase NETGEAR WGR614 Wireless-G 54Mbps Broadband Router. Does this router work well with t-mobile wi-fi phones?? My computers are connected threw wired connections which I will probably leave them wired with the new router also.

Any advice could be helpfull,
    Thanks in advance.
    12-06-08 10:33 PM
    That's what I have and no wi-fi issues at all.
    12-06-08 10:55 PM
    Any wireless G router should work.
    I'm using a LinkSys WRTP54G that I got with my Vonage line.
    You might opt for tmo's hot spot router since it favors voice packets to e.g. youtube video.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 07:20 PM
    I use the D-Link Wireless "N" Extreme Gaming Router and it works great. My Flip connects within 10 seconds and I can go anywhere in my house including my work shop in the backyard. I have a laptop, PS3, Wii and 2 BB's connected and I've tested all of them out at the same time with no lagging. Granted the router was $200.

I plan on purchasing the T-Mobile Home Calling Plan once my kids plans retire in January. I just found out that you can only have 5 phones on one account. Grrrrr! I guess I should have read the contract a little better.
    12-12-08 08:25 AM
    I have a Linksys WRT310N Wireless N router, but the Flip doesn't support N speeds so unless you use it for another computer it isn't necessary. I was having the common "grey" wi-fi problem that a lot of others were reporting, but have remedied the situation since.

Works fine for me now, no dropouts.
    12-12-08 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD