Hello,

I have the Flip 8230.

I am a regular user of a site called manhunt, a gay online chat and social site, sort of. In blackberry internet browser, the site is bunched up, the frames are all out of walk, and the site is not maneuverable. You can open your 'email inbox' on it, but when you click someone elses name, a link, the browser reloads the current page instead of opening up the person's profile.

I downloaded Opera Mini. Everything on the site works perfectly with using Opera Mini. The site isn't bunched up, the site is maneuverable, and everything is readable. One problem exists, when you click on someone's name to view their profile, it, again, reloads the current page instead of opening their profile.

I wrote to manhunt support about it, and I was told that they recommend the 'mobile version of the site,' because their main site has frames and popups. I've been to the mobile site and don't feel it necessary since everything else, at least when on Opera Mini, works perfectly.

I downloaded Bolt Lite Unsigned and, although it's very slow, it DOES load the profiles when you click on a user's name.

I have played with all the settings and it's driving me crazy. I can't for the life of me figure out why BB Browser bunches the site all up so it's not maneuverable and does not respond when you attempt to view profiles, Opera Mini behaves perfectly but won't respond when you attempt to view profiles, and Bolt will let you view profiles but the rest of the site will run very slowly.

I have java enabled, popups enabled, etc. I cannot for the life of me figure out what to do. Please help!
    07-08-09 02:22 PM
    Your wap viewing problem could be due to having the wrong browser settings. The default settings don't work well. For better performance on wap pages, check all the boxes in Options / Browser Configuration. "Support Style Sheets" is critical for the wapforums pages to display properly.
    07-08-09 03:20 PM
    Hmmm...there is no option for support style sheets in my browser options...
    07-08-09 03:26 PM
    Hi jwarne1 on BB OS 6 you have tabs so when opening the profile it opeings in a new tab and its much easier to view it.

The browser on OS 6 works alot better.
    01-04-11 04:41 AM
    Hi jwarne1 on BB OS 6 you have tabs so when opening the profile it opeings in a new tab and its much easier to view it.

The browser on OS 6 works alot better.
    01-04-11 05:13 AM
    Sorry to say but you have no choice to use the mobile version of site for native Browser.

As for Third party Browser, I don't know much about them. The most popular as you said are Opera mini and Bolt.

Check to see if there is a app for the site.

Only thing I can suggest is to upgrade your phone to a BlackBerry running OS 6 which has the webkit browser.
    01-18-11 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD