I like the sample video and preloaded pics - weird yes - but am I right to think that if I back-up my blackberry, and then go ahead and delete all the preloaded videos and pictures, I can always retrieve that stuff simply by restoring that back-up?
    10-28-08 11:25 PM
    No. A back up only contains your personal information. It does not back up applications/themes/preloaded stuff. Use CrackMem to remove it. then if you want it back, use CrackMem to add it back.
    10-28-08 11:34 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Follow this and it shows you how to put deleted files into folders so you can access them later

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-08 11:34 PM
    How do I restore those things using CrackMem?
    10-31-08 10:45 PM
    How do I restore those things using CrackMem?
    If you removed modules using CrackMem, use the CrackMem "Put It Back" tool to restore them. If you didn't use CrackMem to do the removal, it can't restore them.

11-01-08 12:27 AM
    If you removed modules using CrackMem, use the CrackMem "Put It Back" tool to restore them. If you didn't use CrackMem to do the removal, it can't restore them.

If they can't be 'restored' can they be reloaded from another source?
    11-01-08 12:45 AM
    It depends on how you removed them. If you moved them out of the installer folder and into a folder somewhere else, which is what CrackMem does, then you can just move them back into the installer folder and the App Loader will load them. If you deleted the files, you will gave to reinstall your device OS on your PC to reinstall them. Reinstalling your device OS on your PC is not a big deal, as long as you still have the exe download. Just double-click it to reinstall. If you also deleted the OS download (which you should never do), then you'll have to download it again before you can install it.

11-01-08 12:52 AM
    I do not see anything in DM about the OS... how do you use DM to restore the OS?

It depends on how you removed them. If you moved them out of the installer folder and into a folder somewhere else, which is what CrackMem does, then you can just move them back into the installer folder and the App Loader will load them. If you deleted the files, you will gave to reinstall your device OS on your PC to reinstall them. Reinstalling your device OS on your PC is not a big deal, as long as you still have the exe download. Just double-click it to reinstall. If you also deleted the OS download (which you should never do), then you'll have to download it again before you can install it.

11-01-08 01:04 AM
    I do not see anything in DM about the OS... how do you use DM to restore the OS?
    Run the App Loader in Desktop Manager. It will automatically detect the changes in the loader files and install the modules on the device.

11-01-08 09:04 AM
    Wow! that is fantastic. So you can in fact download the "OS" that was on your device by default and can restore everything to factory settings?
    11-01-08 12:29 PM
    Yes. You can and should download your OS and install it on your PC. You need to do that to be able to modify what's loaded on your device, as well as to be able to restore your device to its factory configuration.

11-01-08 12:44 PM
    Cheers mate. Thanks a lot for your help.
    11-01-08 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD