My BB manager starts automatically whenever I turn on my Desktop. How can I stop this?

Thank you.
    02-20-08 03:58 PM
    There should be a little icon in your system tray labeled BB Device Manager. Right click on it and choose properties. Near the bottom of the dialog box you should see a check box where you can disable it from starting with windows.
    02-20-08 04:18 PM
    Thank you for the reply. But I really cannot find any check box for something like that..
    02-20-08 04:40 PM
    Make sure your Desktop Manager is open then right click on the icon in the system tray and select properties there will be a box that says beside it start desktop manager when windows starts or something similar..... uncheck it.
    02-20-08 04:46 PM
    Its at the bottom of the Device Connection tab. As Hazysky said, uncheck the box for "Start BlackBerry Device Manager on system startup"
    02-20-08 07:22 PM
    Thanks... But I'm still lookin for it... feel like blind
    02-20-08 07:26 PM
    Start Desktop Manager, look in your system tray, bottom right of your screen and you should see this icon:

Double click on the icon.

It will bring up a window that looks like this:

Uncheck the checkbox on the bottom that says "Start BlackBerry Device Manager on system startup."
    02-20-08 07:50 PM
    I am having the same problem and i swear i can't find that little icon, could it be that this is a different version of desktop manager? I just got the phone from verizon 3 days ago...help would be greatly appreciated!

A
    02-20-08 08:38 PM
    Thank you so much for your reply but my question was "Desktop Manager" not "Device manager" so I couldn't find the window like that...
    02-20-08 09:44 PM
    On your computer, go to Start < programs > startup, and see if it is in there. If it is, delete it.
    02-20-08 10:21 PM
    I have the answer to your question!!!!

In Add and remove Programs, whe you click remove Blackberry, an option pops up to Modify the Blackberry softwore. Click modify and proceed. You will be prompted to/and uncheck the box to open desktop manager at startup. Continue with the nodify, have your install disk at hand.....Voila the desktop manager will not load at startup. This will take care of your issues.
    01-25-09 12:19 AM
    My BB manager starts automatically whenever I turn on my Desktop. How can I stop this?

Thank you.
    Kindly read my thread, this will take care of your question
    01-25-09 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD