I recently had to get a new 8130 because something happened to the old phone which made it work really slowly and drain the battery very quickly.

I had recently backed up the old phone using the desktop software, so I put the most recent update info on this new phone. But my blackberry.net email address is missing from my email list on the phone.

I tried the following:

1) Add An Email Account - I get the message "We were unable to configure [my account]. Choose one of the following options and select Next." It then asks me to choose whether I want POP/IMAP or Outlook Web Access, and I don't deal with any of that!!

2) Create a BlackBerry Email Address - I get the message that [my account name] has already been taken" (duh!) and to select another username.

Anyone know how to get this straight? Thanks!!
    10-17-08 09:25 PM
    Login to you carriers BIS and update your PIN - resend the service books. Should be solid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-08 09:30 PM
    Login to you carriers BIS and update your PIN - resend the service books. Should be solid.
    What is a BIS? And by updating my PIN does that mean re-entering my existing PIN into whatever this BIS is? Thanks!
    10-17-08 11:22 PM
    Is there anyone who can explain this BIS thing to me? Thank you so much!
    10-19-08 08:56 PM
    Check out the link in my signature for Blackberry 101. There is one that explains BIS/BES. In it should be links to carrier BIS sites. After logging in, you should see an option for Switch Device or Change PIN or something along those lines.

10-19-08 09:23 PM
    Google blackberry BIS and select the Verizon one. I have a similar problem, got the icon but my .vzw account doesn't work, need to give them a call...that should send you where you need to go

10-19-08 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD