hi,

--cant assign unique ringtones to people's incoming SMS, PIN and MMS messages

--when i open the send an email message option and click in the "to" field, i cant directly choose from my contacts. i have to "attach contact", open the contact attachment, copy and then paste it into the to field before sending. same thing is true with the PIN messaging---the only messages that take me directly to contacts are MMS and SMS text msgs

--cant turn off shutter click

--cant delete the ringtones that came with the phone

--phone always vibrates before ringing and i cant turn off vibrate even when i select ring only

has anyone had similar problems and can you help me navigate these?

thanks!
    nehikat
    08-28-09 08:03 PM
    hi,

--cant assign unique ringtones to people's incoming SMS, PIN and MMS messages

--when i open the send an email message option and click in the "to" field, i cant directly choose from my contacts. i have to "attach contact", open the contact attachment, copy and then paste it into the to field before sending. same thing is true with the PIN messaging---the only messages that take me directly to contacts are MMS and SMS text msgs

--cant turn off shutter click

--cant delete the ringtones that came with the phone

--phone always vibrates before ringing and i cant turn off vibrate even when i select ring only

has anyone had similar problems and can you help me navigate these?

thanks!
    nehikat
    To change SMS: Click left convenience button (button on left side of phone). Scroll to 'Advanced'. Choose whichever profile suits you. Click the menu button (button with BlackBerry icon), then choose 'Edit'. From here you can change the tone preferences for various programs and apps.

To apply custom ringtones: Go to 'Contacts'. Click the menu button and scroll to whichever contact you choose to apply a ringtone. Click 'Add Custom Ringtone' and voila.
    08-28-09 09:05 PM
    shutter click has been made a standard for phones not to be able to make it silent to keep perverts from taking pics of unsuspecting people\

on the sound profile select tone only per item (sms,mms etc) so it only sounds.

you can always look at your ringtones alone by selecting MY RINGTONES as opposed to all ringtones but usually preinstalled ringtones for most phones are locked items

on emails on to start typing a name... even a letter will bring up your names for the letter you put then scroll and pick...

hope this helps some.

DK
    08-28-09 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD