No way I'd keep a phone that shut itself off for no reason. Swap it, and make sure you get a new phone, not a refurbished one.
    they very rarely give new phones, always warranty replacements are refurbs.

so if you want a new one, you have to call customer service and see fi they will allow it, and make sure they put the notes in your account!
    04-20-08 07:44 PM
    glad you got your problem fixed
    04-21-08 02:15 AM
    If the warranty replacement acts up, I'll probably just bargain for the Curve when it comes to Verizon.

The new one should be here tomorrow they tell me. We shall see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-08 01:10 PM
    best of luck bargaining, they are prob not going to give much off on it. and plus it would have to have been your 3rd replacement in 90 days for that to work
    04-21-08 01:21 PM
    i had some problems with my pearl it was resetting and stuff, and i did a handheld wipe, but make sure you back everthing up first. i have even lost all just doing a batt pull. good luck
    04-21-08 02:16 PM
    Well, I love the Pearl and just hope the replacement works since nothing seems to be capable of fixing this one...including a handheld wipe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-08 12:39 AM
    iv lost audio with music and calls, and than iv had my black light go out.. iv also had my tracking ball go out.. and all they tell me is i have to much info on it.. i need to call vzw and get one sent out becasue they said if i have another problem with it than it should be replaced becasue i have a hard drive problem with it.. so im going to call tomorrow and get a new one.. you have to call the tech line tell them whats happen they give you some pointers and if that doesnt work they replace it... so lets hope my new bb wont freak out on me.. im getting kinda fed up with vzw and there pearl.. cant get wifi on it like t-mobile and i think thats f-en dumb that we cant.. i think we should and it would just make the pearl better for vzw
    04-22-08 12:50 AM
    iv lost audio with music and calls, and than iv had my black light go out.. iv also had my tracking ball go out.. and all they tell me is i have to much info on it.. i need to call vzw and get one sent out becasue they said if i have another problem with it than it should be replaced becasue i have a hard drive problem with it.. so im going to call tomorrow and get a new one.. you have to call the tech line tell them whats happen they give you some pointers and if that doesnt work they replace it... so lets hope my new bb wont freak out on me.. im getting kinda fed up with vzw and there pearl.. cant get wifi on it like t-mobile and i think thats f-en dumb that we cant.. i think we should and it would just make the pearl better for vzw
    yeah you should def call them and have them send you a new one, problems happen and it sounds like you just got a bad berry... good luck with the new one
    04-22-08 12:54 AM
    yeah i def will i go in the store and they dont even help me cuz im a kid whos 19 and look young.. ofcouse they dont care about me becasue i ant an adult with 5 lines.. but i def call them and hope they send me a new one...

but one thing that got me heated was i was looking for the new softwear for mac to put on my bb and the lady at the store said i could pick i looked and called cust service and than even rote in to vzw and there like oh nope we dont support macs.. wtf?? but i def will call in and get a new bb..
    04-22-08 01:09 AM
    i would go in the store and throw a fitif they ignore you or blow you off then get names and call customer service and b*tch about the people in the store to lol
    04-22-08 01:13 AM
    well i cant do that because i might be selling the phones with a contract store.. but i will go in and see if they replace it for me.. and if they dont.. and ofcouse when i take it in it never goes wrong and than they just read all my ****.. and than ill cal cust support and get all there names who are good with bbs and make sure they get it to them.. but it doesnt help cuz cust support doesnt know anyone in the stores but good idea
    04-22-08 01:18 AM
    but giving names works its way up through the ranks and they look really bad even if they dont get into trouble, plus they should treat you like anyone else your a customer no matter what and people like you are why they have jobs 1 line or 100 lines your a customer
    04-22-08 01:30 AM
    Well, the new Pearl has arrived...with the old OS loaded, of course...and DM not wanting to install .97 for some reason. I'm still half banging my head off of the wall!
    04-23-08 02:11 PM
    So, I did end up getting my warranty replacement to work, get the right OS loaded, etc...

Only to have my friends complain that my voice sounded extremely muffled on calls. I called VZW about this. The BB support guy called my Pearl and agreed. We tried to troubleshoot the issue to no avail. I sound crystal clear on my Bluetooth, but muffled when using regular calling features.

I tried to bargain for a brand new phone, no dice yet. He's going to overnight me another warranty replacement...sigh. He said if the next refurb continues to give me problems, I can talk to a CS supervisor and try and bargain for a new handset...but he said they'll probably just direct me to RIM, who will direct me back to VZW.

I can say the CS rep I talked to was very friendly and very helpful, and he actually seemed to know a lot about BB's for a change. He said the Pearl has had these known problems I've been experiencing, and they've tried to go to RIM about it and gotten no help from RIM. He attributes the multitide of problems with the Pearl to it being BB's first try in the consumer market, and he hopes things will get better.

I hate the idea of going back to a "regular phone"...but I'm frustrated that I paid for a brand new BB and ended up ultimately with a chain of refurbs. Two handsets, two different sets of problems. I'm paying an extra 29.99 a month for the "joy" of having a BB, and lately, I've just wanted to throw mine against a wall...
    04-25-08 11:46 AM
    I would call back and speak to another rep, you just have to get the right one, and you can get anything you want. I would also go to the verizon website under the contact us and send all that in a nice email to them and they will contact you and you can get them to agree to give you a new phone, i have done it!
    04-25-08 11:54 AM
    I would call back and speak to another rep, you just have to get the right one, and you can get anything you want. I would also go to the verizon website under the contact us and send all that in a nice email to them and they will contact you and you can get them to agree to give you a new phone, i have done it!
    I'll give them one more shot on the refurb...if this one has a problem too, I'll flip. In the meantime, I will send an email though, good thinking!
    04-25-08 11:56 AM
    Yeah, they usually contact you in a few days. The lady who called me back was insanely nice, and helped me out alot!
    04-25-08 11:57 AM
    Yeah, they usually contact you in a few days. The lady who called me back was insanely nice, and helped me out alot!
    Email sent. I'll keep you all posted on if any progress is made or not.

And of course, I'll let you know if this new refurb works out any better than the one in my hand currently...
    04-25-08 12:06 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD