I am having a problem transfering my address book to my desktop. I get an error message (after it has been transfered ) that says file not supported (IPD file) . If I try to do the transfer from the desktop manager, it says error , check documentation.
    I was able to transfer all my music, but not the address book. If anyone can help that would be wonderful.
    Thanks
    10-05-08 05:43 PM
    You are trying to create a back up?
    10-05-08 05:55 PM
    I tried backup and the initial download and neither would work.
    10-05-08 07:12 PM
    I'm getting confused by your terms and don't understand what you are saying or doing.
    10-05-08 07:22 PM
    OK, I'm sorry let me start from the beginning. I just bought a new Pearl, had one before but no software. So when I got the new one I downloaded the software that came with the phone. Then attached my old phone to transfer all my stuff to the new phone. Everything transfered fine except for the address book. When it starts to synch from the desktop to the new phone it gives me the error message. "cannot complete, check documentation" So I tried to go directly to it on the desktop where it had started downloading before the error message and from there it won't open and says "cannot open IPD file, either it has been damaged or is not compatible" I tried to do it all again and the same thing happened. I hope this is more clear. Thanks for your help.
    10-06-08 06:52 AM
    Now I understand what you are doing. Thanks for explaining it again. Have you tried to create a new back up of the old device and load it onto your new one?
    10-06-08 12:02 PM
    I unfortunatly don't have the old device anymore.
    10-09-08 07:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD