I had a problem with my app loader and to solve it I downgraded the DM to version 4.3,it fixed the problem and I upgraded back to 4.6. Now when I try to tether my phone I get a "Error 734:The PPP link control protocol was terminated" from my PC. The details for a 734 error is, 1 my ISP might have experienced a problem. 2 The security protocols on the server to which I'm trying to connect are incompatible with my security settings, and to enable "Allow insecure password" box from the security tab. 3 LCP extension are not supported, and to clear the "Enable LCP extension check box" from the connection settings tab. Now 2 is setup like it says, but 3 is not how RIM says to set it up,but no matter how I set it up it won't work. I haven't called TMo yet cause I heard they don't support tethering, and that calling them would do no good. I've reset the phone and computer many times and uninstalled the DM and OS from my PC and re installed them. I've tried all the usually procedures to no revile. Anybody have any ideas??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-08 03:11 AM
    * go to Control Panel, Printers and Other Hardware, Phone and Modem Options. Under the Modems tab, click on Standard Modem. Click Properties. Click Advanced. Make sure in the "extra initialization commands", you enter exactly: +cgdcont=1,"IP","wap.voicestream.com"

* on the berry, go to Options, Advanced, TCP and enter "wap.voicestream.com" after APN:

* go to Control Panel, Network Connections, Create a new connection, then hit Next

*Select Connect to Internet

* Select Set up connection manually

*Select Connect using a dial-up modem. Check the box next to the modem you created above and then click Next.

* Enter T-Mobile as the ISP name

* Enter *99# as the Phone Number and then click Next

* Keep User Name and Password blank. Clear all the other check boxes.

* To create the connection, click Finish.

* right click on the dial-up connection under Network Connections, then click Properties. Below the PPP window click Settings and uncheck all boxes except "enable LCP Extensions."

* make sure the blackberry is connected to Desktop Manager on the laptop.

* Under Network Connections, right-click on the Dial-up connection for T-Mobile that we just created. Click Connect. Click Dial.

I also removed the prompt for the dial up password so I didn't accidentally type something there, do this by: Control panel> network connections>(right click) T-mobile>properties

now go to "options" tab and un-check Prompt for name and password, certificate, etc., then click Ok

should be able to dial up without a prompt for username, as they are not needed

Just had to do it all to my laptop to connect earlier today
    Last edited by AnimalPOP; 10-02-08 at 06:52 AM.
    10-02-08 06:44 AM
    T-Mobile DOES support tethering if you pay for the BB data plan. You might have support issues, however, if you are using a non-supported OS or DM, though.
    10-04-08 05:34 PM
    i use both unsupported OS and DM, the same thing all applied when i fixed my tether issue
    10-04-08 06:28 PM
    ive tried this and get error 633 the modem (or other connetion device) is already in use or not configured right.
    11-14-08 04:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD