Hi,
    I synced my BB with my yahoo calendar for the first time yesterday. I had only input data into my BB and wanted to make sure that I had the info in another place. It synced with no problem - added to yahoo all 300+ data fields I had entered on BB calendar.
    But today I went to sync again, and it uploaded the 17 new data fields I had entered on BB - and then erased everything that had synced yesterday! It is all still on my BB calendar, but I can't get it to upload into yahoo. I'm beyond frustrated. I can't seem to figure out how to fix it. I have reconfigured my settings all different ways and it still only reads the 17 new records.
    Please help!!
    Thanks.
    03-17-09 08:49 PM
    I had a similar issue in that about half of my data ended up on my BB and the other half on Yahoo Calendar.

If you are using BB Desktop Manager, first verify your synchronization settings. Click synchronization and on the left side under Configure select synchronization. Go through the synchronization setup wizard to make sure it's setup for two-way sync. Next, verify "Transfer All Scheduled Items" is selected.

Hook up your blackberry and sync. It should give you the options to Accept or Reject ... or Re-Sync, which is located to the left of Accept and Reject. Choose Re-Sync. It should at that point gather all entries on both your Blackberry and Yahoo Calendar, and copy to both.

I did end up with a very small number of duplicate entries but it was certainly easier to delete a duplicate than to re-enter all the data on my BB or in Yahoo. Good Luck!
    Last edited by grimalkin; 03-17-09 at 09:26 PM.
    03-17-09 09:13 PM
    Thanks for the info, but it didn't work. I tried that, as well as reconfiguring, etc. I figured out that the problem was that because I have multiple email accounts/calendars, the BB calendar was choosing which event to assign to which email account/calendar. I could see that the events were color coded according to account, including the "default device." (yellow for default, blue for yahoo1, green for yahoo2). But when I looked in the calendar default settings, it was using one of my email accounts as default (yahoo1) - and only reading that data when trying to sync. (I have no idea if I'm using the correct terminology!)

Anyway, the problem was fixed when I went to options, advanced options, service books, and deleted all the [CICAL] service books (one per email account). Until I did this, the problem continued to exist. This only left the "default device" as BB (yellow) and when I synced, it read everything and transfered everything to the yahoo calendar.

I hope this helps others having the same problem. There is another thread on this, but it appears to span multiple BB versions, service providers (sprint), and calendar types (outlook, etc.) I don't know if my problem was unique to yahoo or not. Anyway, thanks for your help.
    03-18-09 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD