Hi there,

I just got my Pearl today and synced it to Outlook. It seemed like everything worked ok, except not all of my calendar appointments from Outlook showed up in the Pearl, just some of them. Additionally, not all the phone numbers from the phone transferred to Outlook. When the syncing is almost done, I get this error:"Unable to write or update application data" and I'm guessing that might have something to do with it. But I am super green and clueless about this.

This is my first smartphone, and I got it after the BlackJack II's keyboard was driving me nuts. I LOVE the feel of the Pearl, but I really need it to get along with the data on my PC. Any help truly appreciated.

Cheers,

Maritza
    02-23-08 02:50 AM
    Hi Maritza,

First, connect your phone to your computer and open desktop manager. Once the initial sync is done click synchronize to open the synchronize menu.
    Click the configuration tab and once on that tab click on the configure synch... button. On that page you can select what aspects of Outlook you want to synchronize and whether or not you sync from computer to BB only or BB to computer only or bi-directional for updating both to and from the BB. On default things like calendar, memo pad and tasks are disabled from auto-sync!

Hope this helps!
    02-23-08 12:39 PM
    I have no idea what I did, but it included downloading the Desktop Manager 4.2.1 (cause my brand spanking new Pearl came with 4.2.0) and that seemed to help. After screwing around with it for a few hours (I know, sad) I finally got to have everything working properly and I'm back in love with my new toy. MANY THANKS!!

Maritza
    02-23-08 02:29 PM
    Glad you got it to work!
    02-23-08 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD