when i add mp3s to the phone through the USB cable, if i set the songs as a ringtone, it only plays about 5 seconds of the song and then starts over. is there a way to fix this problem?
    12-26-07 07:55 PM
    I don't know.. but could you tell me how to get the ringtones onto my phone using the USB cable? Because I'm so confused, and frustrated! GRR
    12-26-07 08:08 PM
    I don't know.. but could you tell me how to get the ringtones onto my phone using the USB cable? Because I'm so confused, and frustrated! GRR
    i just drag and drop everything, its not hard
    12-29-07 11:39 AM
    You will need to enable mass storage mode on your bb to load them you can go to settings>media card>enable mass storage mode, you will then be able to drag and drop files onto your sd card when u plug it into your computer as your sd card will now act as a hard drive, just go inside the balckberry folder, you will see other folders as well just place the files in their significant folders

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-07 12:57 PM
    You will need to enable mass storage mode on your bb to load them you can go to settings>media card>enable mass storage mode, you will then be able to drag and drop files onto your sd card when u plug it into your computer as your sd card will now act as a hard drive, just go inside the balckberry folder, you will see other folders as well just place the files in their significant folders

i already knew that, but it only plays a few seconds of songs when i set them as a ringtone.
    12-29-07 06:08 PM
    i already knew that, but it only plays a few seconds of songs when i set them as a ringtone.
    I have been having the same problem for 3 months now and I am really frustrated that it won't play the whole ringtone.

It will play the whole clip through the media app.

Any other suggestions?
    Last edited by mjrastiello; 12-31-07 at 01:54 PM. Reason: grammar
    12-31-07 01:52 PM
    Why don't you guys just use online ringtone creators? I personally use online ringtone creators and haven't had a problem at all. But at the same time most phones only ring for twenty seconds so trying to use a three minute song wouldn't work atleast that's what I presume.

01-01-08 12:10 AM
    Most of the time RINGTONES will play for about 20-30sec and that's it. So, what you want to do is take whatever song you want as your ringtone and cut it down to about 30 second. That should fix your problem.
    If you need a free program, download Audacity.
    01-01-08 12:22 AM
    Sorry, was not responding to your post....was responding to the poster below you....but in regards to your issue, contact AT&T and ask them to check and see how long your ring time is set too, if it's only 5 secs ask them to change it to a minimum of 20-30 secs.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 01-01-08 at 12:48 AM.
    01-01-08 12:45 AM
    I figured out the problem of why it is only playing 3 to 4 seconds of the ringtone. Or at least a fix. If you export your ringtones as mp3 files it will work, and play until voicemail picks up the call.

For mp3 compatabilty in Audacity, you need LameLim - http: //spaghetticode.org /lame/

I got all my ringtones to work using this method earlier today.
    01-01-08 12:47 AM
    Well I am glad that you fixed your problem, happy BBing!

Mr. Wonderful

01-01-08 01:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD