I found when my Pearl is exposed to humidty it starts to freak out the next couple of hours sometimes lasting a day or two. It seems to be the button on the left side of the trackball that is causing everything. It will open whatever icon that is highlighted and open the menu. If I am in a call it will mute and unmute my call repeatedly. Is there a way I can fix this problem? I would like to see if I can change the board the keypad pushes on or something.......even ship out for repair if needed.

any ideas would greatly be appreciated.
    05-27-08 07:39 PM
    Well, theirs a lot of options when it comes to repairs..the do it yourself approach..not reccomended if you are still under warranty..
    or you could look at shipping it out to someone such as HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, Canada’s Cellular Repair Center � they can help ya out with it..or if you are still under warranty, call your carrier and explain the issue to them

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-08 08:16 PM
    Replacement!!!
    05-27-08 08:19 PM
    tried the replacement option but, since it is a REFURB it only has 90 days warranty so now I am SOL. I am going to try and find a shop that will repair them....or sell it on ebay for parts.
    06-01-08 07:17 PM
    well, i've taken mine apart more than once and it works just fine
    believe me, if you have patience, this phone is easy to fix...
    06-01-08 07:55 PM
    I am gonna try and see if I can figure out what is going on. I have taken many razrs and other motorola phones apart so it should not be too bad. If not still will be a parts phone, just already in parts. LOL
    06-01-08 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD