i have a pearl 8120 and the housing for my trackball came loose, then later it and the trackball fell out, i did not look to fix it right away because my service was turned off. now that i am trying to fix it i have a problem. my problem is that when i put in a trackball assembly that i borrowed from a working blackberry 8100 it scrolls fine but when i press the ball to select something it will select the first time then nothing after that, the click you normally feel pushing it back up is not there. when i removed the assembly and compared my phone to the working one that the assembly came from i saw that a part was missing from mine. there is a little red plastic with small metal under it that is between the circuit and where the trackball is supposed to be that is missing from mine. can someone please tell me the name of this part. i have found places that i can buy the replacement trackball assembly from but i still need this part and cannot find it because i don't know the name. if someone could tell me the name of it and where i can find it for sale it would really help me. thanks in advance
    03-22-09 06:19 AM
    Is the part that's missing on the assembly or on the circuit board itself?
    03-22-09 12:13 PM
    it was not part of the assembly from what i can see, it's attached to the board
    03-22-09 12:43 PM
    Well, looking at my 8120 if it's the component next to the LED light then I don't think you can buy a spare part for that. If it's gone completely from the board then it may have snapped off somehow - try phoning your network about it and explaining that it's broken - they may be inclined to replace it.
    03-22-09 01:04 PM
    That happened to my husband's phone. He had to get a new one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 08:25 AM
    If it is a piece missing IN the phone you will probably have to get a new phone.... if the piece is missing on the trackball you just need a new trackball $5ish!!
    03-23-09 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD