okay, so i'm a storm user, and i got my girlfriend a pearl flip 8230 os v4.6.1.234. bbm v4.6.0

so the problem is that after 1 or 2 messages on BBM her status changes to busy, and can't recieve messages... until she recieves a text message. then it's good for about 2 more messages then status reads busy again.

My sister also has the same phone and has no problems? any help?
    08-23-09 05:28 PM
    Battery Pull. If that doesn't work, try wiping and reloading the OS.
    08-23-09 08:39 PM
    k... so looked farther into it and i share the same problems with another thread... the emails and other external notifications also fail... so i'll be following that... in the meantime i'll try the wipe and reload thanks
    08-23-09 09:24 PM
    Hope you find what the problem was and let us know in case the same thing happens to us!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 12:11 AM
    I have AT&T, and Yahoo messenger works fine. Try this link. http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/dev...&CPID=Partner8

08-25-09 12:15 AM
    okay just an update... problem solved...

turns out she had several unopened messages.. some missed calls and a myspace message that we couldn't find..

turns out if you have any un-opened messages the phone registers you as busy.. reasonable.. after several un-opened messages. the phone will fail to deliver.

we had to un-install myspace and re-install, to get rid of the message that we couldn't find.. once the message counters were clear the phone receives the messages perfectly
    09-09-09 06:00 PM
    okay just an update... problem solved...

turns out she had several unopened messages.. some missed calls and a myspace message that we couldn't find..

turns out if you have any un-opened messages the phone registers you as busy.. reasonable.. after several un-opened messages. the phone will fail to deliver.

we had to un-install myspace and re-install, to get rid of the message that we couldn't find.. once the message counters were clear the phone receives the messages perfectly
    Wow... That's useful info for me! I had no idea that unopened messages could cause such chaos! lol Thanks for the info!
    09-09-09 09:57 PM
    Wow. I had no idea unread meashes could cause bbm to not function properly! Thanks for the heads up.

09-10-09 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD