I wasn't sure what to do when i first put my memory card in the pearl so i was just clicking things and then i formated it. I looked at how much memory i had left and it went down after i formated it whats up with that? and what is the mass storage? when i turn that on to use the memory card thats not goign to have me putting my songs on the phones memory is it?
    05-01-08 10:29 AM
    Memory drop you saw was the file system your BB out on your card, usually just drag and drop music straight to the card, pc reads it as a mass storage device, no need to use dm to add music.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-08 10:49 AM
    wait what did u say happend with the memory drop?
    05-01-08 10:51 AM
    Memory Loss
    Formatting the card puts folders on it so that it fits in with the BlackBerry OS.

Mass Storage
    With MS on you drag and drop files from your PC onto the BB. With it off you have to use Desktop Manager.
    05-01-08 11:38 AM
    thnks for the memory loss info now i understand that but, how do i put songs onto my memory card?
    05-01-08 11:44 AM
    After the memory card is formatted, with mass storage enabled, hook up to your pc and you'll hear the dings, you should get a mass storage message, with a what do you want to do menu, select take no action.
    Double click your my computer icon and an F drive(I think that's the default) should be in the listed drives, double click it and your newly created folders will show up, double click music, open another window that has your music in it and "drag" the songs on over.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-08 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD