Hello; I updated my Pearl 8100 this afternoon to OS 4.5 and ever since its been having some major problems:

- The main problem is that the phone keeps rebooting. I've read that this can be called a "nuked" blackberry but the thing is that mine isnt stuck in a constant reboot cycle; sometimes it'll reboot 3 times in a row and then actually boot up and ask me for my pin code. But then 10 minutes later it will auto reboot again, maybe followed by another reboot or maybe not.

- When it does boot up, it does funny things, like load up the SMS messages stored on my SIM card and display them as new. I can understand it would do this the first time it boots up after updating, but it does this every time the phone reboots. Another thing about these SMS messages is that sometimes the text preview is not displayed, it seas "Recieving text" and then I open the SMS, the first word or so is missing.

- Also, I've noticed that the camera doesnt adjust to lighting conditions properly; if I open the camera with bright light and switch it off, the image is extremley dark, for example. Adjusting the white balance automatically doesnt seem to make a difference.

- Once booted up and working, the one thing I've observed triggers the rebooting(if it doesn't do so automatically) is when I open up the media icon and the phone starts scanning for media...that makes it crazy!

Has anyone out there experienced something similar? Help would be very much appreciated...

Thanks for your time!
    02-06-09 01:32 PM
    There are a few v. 4.5 OS' out there that are very buggy. I ended up downgrading back to 4.3 on my older 8120. Where did you get the upgrade from?
    02-06-09 01:34 PM
    The blackberry website, this link exactly:
    xxx.blackberry.cam/Downloads/entry.do?code=07563A3FE3BBE7E3BA84431AD9D055AF
    02-06-09 01:40 PM
    The blackberry website, this link exactly:
    xxx.blackberry.cam/Downloads/entry.do?code=07563A3FE3BBE7E3BA84431AD9D055AF
    Is that a trusted site? I'm not sure if you typed in the wrong address but "xxx" and ".cam" don't seem right.

You may want to check your carriers website to see what the latest OS version for your BB is.
    02-06-09 01:44 PM
    Is that a trusted site? I'm not sure if you typed in the wrong address but "xxx" and ".cam" don't seem right.

You may want to check your carriers website to see what the latest OS version for your BB is.
    I had the Very Same problem with my 8100, I had go in and delete Facebook/Blackberry Maps. Then i went to the media and changed the "device memory" from 5mb to 15mb. to do that (if you dont know how)
    Main Menu -> Media -> menu (left of the trackball) -> options ->General options-> some to the effect of device memory from 5mb to 15mb....

if that is the site that you downloaded your OS from i would "nuke" the Berry's OS then, reload the complete OS from BlackBerry
    02-06-09 01:54 PM

that link doesn't even come up... Error 404...
    02-06-09 01:56 PM
    It's www. and .com

I modified the URL because I can't post URLs until my 10th message!
    02-06-09 02:16 PM
    you downloaded it from the blackberry website????

did you do what i posted?!?!

that was the only thing that fixed my problem....

and did you up grade the OS with the SD card in the phone?
    02-06-09 02:17 PM
    Yeah it was downloaded from the blackberry website

I havent tried your method yet, will try it ASAP because im in the middle of something right now...

And yes, I did upgrade the phone with the SD card inside. To be honest, I took it out earlier and the phone seems to be working much better ever since...

I'll get back to you as soon as I try it out, thank you very much for your help
    02-06-09 02:34 PM
    Try removing your micro SD card. If that fixes the.constant reboot you will need to reformat it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 02:37 PM
    Try removing your micro SD card. If that fixes the.constant reboot you will need to reformat it.

not ture, i did that and i didnt work. Copy'd everything to my desktop, reformated the card, move everything back to it, then "defragment" the SD and it did nothing....

you have to up the "device memory" and it should/will help.... it id on mine...
    02-06-09 02:50 PM
    Yeah it was downloaded from the blackberry website

I havent tried your method yet, will try it ASAP because im in the middle of something right now...

And yes, I did upgrade the phone with the SD card inside. To be honest, I took it out earlier and the phone seems to be working much better ever since...

I'll get back to you as soon as I try it out, thank you very much for your help
    you might have to nuke the blackberry then reload the OS with the Mirco SD card out of the phone if the the device memory thing doesnt help.
    02-06-09 02:53 PM
    I had that problem. Its because the SD card was in while upgrading. I had a 1gb before the upgrade so I just bought a new 4gb since the new OS has higher capacity. I never had any other problems after I replaced it. I just left the stuff on the old SD.

02-06-09 06:20 PM
    I tried the method you suggested, mjneid, deleted both facebook and BB maps, and upped the size of the media option to 15Mb...yet nothing has improved. I've managed to get rid of the SMS messages that appear new every time I switch on the phone, although now the "Recieving text" appears at the end of the imported SMSs from the SIM card...
    However when i try browsing media the phone freezes and eventually reboots. And if i leave it alone it will also reboot on its own.

Im desperate any more ideas?
    02-06-09 07:05 PM
    take your memory card out of the phone, and reload the software

you will also need to reformat the card with your berry, once the OS is reloaded.

I have been very lucky, never had the reboot bug with memory cards in. I have upgraded mine about a dozen times, all with the memory card installed still.
    02-08-09 08:39 AM
    How exactly do I "Reload the software"?
    02-08-09 12:58 PM
    You have to nuke the os then reload the os.

02-08-09 08:37 PM
    Here's how:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

Uninstall the OS you currently have, and download/install .124 again, just in case something got fubar.
    02-08-09 10:08 PM
    I just realised, im installing .53 (i think). Is there a problem with that? why did you suggest .124?
    02-09-09 06:40 AM
    Just wiped using JLCommander.. It is unplugged now and running the update and install.. God I hope this works.. sick of the phone constantly rebooting... If nothing, I am gonna go back to the stable version 2 OS's ago.
    02-09-09 09:25 PM
    I just realised, im installing .53 (i think). Is there a problem with that? why did you suggest .124?
    Read through mine and others comments on it here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/newe...nguage-138241/
    Just keep in mind, most of the negative had more to do with rookie install mistakes, and not taking full advantage of option mods to fully enjoy the improvements in this OS.
    02-09-09 09:41 PM
    I am having the same problem with my Curve 8320 after the upgrade...I took out the sd card and the reboot stops.

ETA: I copied the sd card to the pc, reformatted it...problem solved! Thanks!
    Last edited by PrincessDi; 02-10-09 at 02:40 AM.
    02-10-09 01:24 AM
    still having the reboot after wipe with jl cmdr. Not sure what to do. This is ridiculous. Ideas?
    02-10-09 07:58 AM
    still having the reboot after wipe with jl cmdr. Not sure what to do. This is ridiculous. Ideas?
    Have you tried using the BB without the SD installed?
    02-11-09 04:27 AM
    Have you tried using the BB without the SD installed?
    the other thing that i am thinking faulty SIM card, possible?!?!
    02-11-09 08:14 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD