Hi all,

I'm new user to this site and to blackberry pearl 8100 too.

I have problem with my pearl, I'm confused whether it is related to setting issue or really there is some problem.

So for upon trackball press (Click) my pearl use to act like (enter) key in PC.
    But all of sudden now it stopped acting like that. If I move the trackball around the application and leave the cursor on any of the application, then the application automatically gets selected and opens it (usually upon trackball key press the application use to open). In call log if I move the trackball down or up and leave on any call log number, it automatically starts dialing the number (usually it use to happen upon key trackball click). While typing any SMS and if I enable SureType key pad, and if I move the trackball on any of the words options listed while typing, suddenly it starts sending the message.

I don't understand what is happening? Is there any option related to trackball where in I can define the functionality for this trackball... or this is related to someother issue....

Any help/suggestion from anybody?????

Ravi
    08-07-08 03:35 AM
    i actually started having the same problem. But then i noticed for some reason it only did that a few times a day. But now it does it all the time. I just keep the phone it stand-by mode and then when i do need to use it, i just fight the click feature. To put it in standby mode just hold the mute button. But this madness def. has to stop!
    08-09-08 09:20 AM
    Both of you remove your batteries while the phone is on. Wait a minute and put back in. See if it goes away. Let us know...
    08-09-08 09:22 AM
    I had an opposite problem sort of. The click worked fine but the scrolling wouldn't. Did you try a battery pull? that worked for me

Edit: ^what SD said haha
    08-09-08 09:24 AM
    Welcome to CB
    08-09-08 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD