Alright,

So I have a Blackberry Pearl 8100 (ROGERS).
    It's locked.
    But in my preferred network list, it says

-Rogers
    -Fido
    -AT&T

Does this mean I could use a Fido sim card with my phone?
    Will it work?

Thanks
    05-09-08 03:58 PM
    You have a Rogers SIM card. Your phone can find Rogers, Fido and AT&T GSM networks where you are.

If you phone is unlocked i.e. not SIM locked to Rogers then yes, you can put another SIM card in your phone and some things will work. Depending upon what services you sign up and pay for then more things will work.

If your phone is locked to Rogers (highly likely if you bought it from them) then no other SIM card than Rogers will work or obtain any usable services.

You can unlock a locked phone by either approaching your carrier and telling them that intend overseas travel or buy buying an unlock code from a phone unlock dealer.
    05-09-08 04:07 PM
    You have a Rogers SIM card. Your phone can find Rogers, Fido and AT&T GSM networks where you are.

If you phone is unlocked i.e. not SIM locked to Rogers then yes, you can put another SIM card in your phone and some things will work. Depending upon what services you sign up and pay for then more things will work.

If your phone is locked to Rogers (highly likely if you bought it from them) then no other SIM card than Rogers will work or obtain any usable services.

You can unlock a locked phone by either approaching your carrier and telling them that intend overseas travel or buy buying an unlock code from a phone unlock dealer.

Aww..ok

Thanks man..for the quick reply.
    Appreciate your help.
    05-09-08 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD