Hello everyone,
    My problem is I just got my first Blackberry Pearl 8130 for Mothers Day and my problem is that when I updated the phone itself all the preloaded images seem to be missing when I go into that you might say folder the screen is black is there a way to get them back or are they gone for good??? And since I got this phone it has been very hard for me to put it down. The suretype keyboard is not as bad as I thought it would be. Over all I am very pleased with this phone I am with Alltel as my provider soon to be in the Verizon switch before the summer is out!!! Oh and my next question is what is the largest Micro SD card that you can put in this phone??? I have a 4gb card in there now.
    Thanks,
    Lisa
    05-21-09 01:18 PM
    Lisa, did you use the Blackberry Desktop Manager for backing up and restoring your phone should anything ever go down on it? If you have, try restoring the phone through the Desktop Manager, if not you might want to call Tech Support with Alltel. You could also try another theme that is on the phone, mine come with four different ones. Usually this works. Oh, and i think with the new update for the Pearl 8130, the 4 gb is the biggest it will support (I could be wrong on this because all I've ever used is the 2 gb).
    05-21-09 01:48 PM
    Well I am not sure what I did but it is not hurting the operation of the phone LOL!!! Man I did not know that these things are addicting I thought people were making things up LOL!!! I have a four gig in mine. Thing is if I wanna add more apps or themes I do not have enough space on my phone so what do I do clear off my SD card then??? Sorry for so many questions guys. I just came from having a Samsung Delve to a BlackBerry and love this phone so much better you can do more with it.
    Lisa
    05-21-09 02:36 PM
    1) The preloaded images were eliminated from the newer OS's.

2) The memory card size is dependent on your OS. See chart below:
    To find your OS version: options > about > 3rd line down or ALT + RACE

The following table lists BlackBerry Device Software versions and the supported media card size.

BlackBerry Device Software Media Card Size Limit
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0 Up to 2 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2.196 Up to 8 GB per Verizon Release Notes and confirmed by users.
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0.81 and later Up to 16 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0 and later Up to 32 GB
    05-21-09 02:41 PM
    I have 4.5.0.127 version. So that means up to an 8gb card right???
    Can I get 4.6 and above for BB 8130???
    Thanks,
    Lisa
    05-21-09 03:45 PM
    I only think 4.5 is out for the 8130 right now. Maybe I'm wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 03:56 PM
    I have 4.5.0.127 version. So that means up to an 8gb card right???
    Can I get 4.6 and above for BB 8130???
    Thanks,
    Lisa
    actually, if I read that right, you can have up to 16 GB because you have .127
    05-21-09 05:14 PM
    I only think 4.5 is out for the 8130 right now. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm not sure what the latest version is as of right now, but my pearl which I got a week and a half ago from Verizon has 4.5.0.77 which it came with from the factory.
    05-22-09 08:40 AM
    Well I am not sure what I did but it is not hurting the operation of the phone LOL!!! Man I did not know that these things are addicting I thought people were making things up LOL!!! I have a four gig in mine. Thing is if I wanna add more apps or themes I do not have enough space on my phone so what do I do clear off my SD card then??? Sorry for so many questions guys. I just came from having a Samsung Delve to a BlackBerry and love this phone so much better you can do more with it.
    Lisa
    Unfortunately you can't store apps on your SD card. Its a security mesure RIM has and I hope they unlock or at least give owners the option to choose.

05-23-09 01:12 AM
    I did get those pre loaded images back!!! And I wanted to see if I could get them back on there cause it just freaked me out that they came up missing when I updated it when it came with the phone in the first place.
    Thanks you guys for the help!!!!

Lisa
    05-24-09 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD