i would like to know how to turn off the power saver. when i dont use my phone for a few hours, the power saver turns the phone off and i dont get any calls. they go directly to voice mail and it doesnt show any missed calls. any way to stop this??
    08-01-08 01:49 PM
    Power Saver? I wasn't aware that this was an option that came stock with a BB... do you have any third party apps like AutoStandby installed?
    08-01-08 02:16 PM
    Not that i am aware of. I bought it of the shelf.
    08-01-08 02:31 PM
    Have never even seen anything remotely similar to this on my pearl, cant help ya man...hopefully someone else will know about it
    08-01-08 02:49 PM
    i would like to know how to turn off the power saver. when i dont use my phone for a few hours, the power saver turns the phone off and i dont get any calls. they go directly to voice mail and it doesnt show any missed calls. any way to stop this??
    Do you have auto on/off enabled? Options/Auto on/off.

Welcome to the forums! Be sure to check out the "Getting Started Guide" and the "BlackBerry 101 Lecture Series" under the Newbies tab at the top of the page.
    08-01-08 02:49 PM
    Check what they said^^^

What you're looking for is "standby mode." Press and hold your mute button (the button on the top of your phone) for a couple of seconds. Your phone goes into "hibernation" and saves battery life. It will still "wake up" when you get a new call or message. With a message, you'll get the tone or vibrate (whatever your active profile's "in holster" setting is) and the flashing red LED. With a call, the screen will light up so you can see the caller ID screen. You can answer normally from there. If you let it ring through and go to voice mail, your BB will go back into hibernation mode.

When in "standby" mode, to wake it up, just press the mute button briefly.
    08-01-08 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD