Hey all I have a question. I travel on airplanes quite a bit and was wondering if it would be better to just shut off the connection and leave it on or actually just power off the phone? Does it make a difference? I have heard somewhere that alot of turning on and off can mess up your battery. Any truth?

on another note totally unassociated..... How do I delete the preloaded Verizon bookmarks in the browser?

Lets Go Pens!
    03-04-08 06:57 PM
    I always just turn all connections off. I never power it off. You can change the home page in the browser ...hit menu - set as home page.

-db

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-08 07:06 PM
    I always just turn all connections off. I never power it off. You can change the home page in the browser ...hit menu - set as home page.
    Sorry...its under menu - options - browser configuration... Scroll to the bottom...

-db

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-08 07:08 PM
    It's all a 'preference' thing . Turning your BB completely off versus just turning off the Wireless Connections is up to you. I haven't heard of any issues where turning off your BB frequently (as in your case) would harm batter life - even RIM suggests you turn it off regularly to help prolong battery life. See here.
    03-04-08 09:09 PM
    DB thank you, I couldnt stand that VZW crap.... I hate them enough already for the GPS thing....

one last thing...I searched but couldnt find how to create new folders in the bookmarks and delete the ones that are in there that pertain to VZW's crap that I dont use or want
    03-04-08 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD