Help! This is the second Pearl that I have had that started ******** on me and doing things on it's own. I can open a message and all of a sudden it replies and sends without me selecting the options. I can be in the call log and it will select and dial. I have tried resetting several times. Weird.
    04-15-08 09:21 PM
    I found a similar problem reported in "My BB goes crazy in standby". Appears it may be software bug but it would seem many others would be having the problem.
    04-15-08 09:36 PM
    Something similar happened to me when I changed the sensitivity on the trackball. It was too sensitive and it would make selections when barely touched. I tried several settings and I was finally able to resolve that problem.
    04-16-08 09:26 AM
    I will try that but mine does it just laying on the desk. Not touching it at all. In fact while I was just typing it shut down all by itself. Demon possessed......
    04-16-08 09:39 AM
    might be an issue with your os
    04-16-08 09:40 AM
    make sure you have the most current OS on the phone.

it can be found in this forum as a sticky
    04-16-08 09:41 AM
    already did that. 4.3.0.97
    04-16-08 09:44 AM
    very wierd. i would call the carrier of the phone, and explain to them the problem, maybe it needs replaced, due to some internal defect on the phone.
    04-16-08 09:46 AM
    I know. Funny thing is, this is the second 8130 I have had to do this. They replaced the first one. Should I try different model???
    04-16-08 09:48 AM
    sadly they wont let you until you have had 3 replacements, maybe you got a bad batch, or are you running any 3rd party applications on the device?

i have had mine for a while and have had no troubles yet.

and havent read many people with troubles, id give another one a shot.
    04-16-08 09:50 AM
    OK. It is a PITA to keep having my company send activation codes, then recustomize, etc.....
    04-16-08 09:52 AM
    yeah i feel ya, if there is another verizon store near you, not the one you went to last time id go to them, maybe better luck will come!

thats what i always do!
    04-16-08 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD