I am going to ** throw my pearl against the wall!

For NO REASON AT ALL when I got home tonight from dinner the phone was off and would not come on, just a blinking red light occasionally. SO i plugged it in to charge, heres is what happens, it comes on with hourglass for like three to four minutes, goes off, brings up my lock screen and when i push the pearl button to login it goes off again. I have done a billion hard reboots, a billion same results. What is wrong with this thing?!?!?! No recent new programs, no other things installed, all i did recently was sync it for the first time a few days ago. I am buying an IPHONE!

Ive heard it may be the battery but I dont want to argue with the eighteen year old "Customer Service Reps" at their stores about my ** phone.

Any ideas?

BTW I was able to create a backup from it even though the screen is off and it doesn't react to any button pushing.
    Last edited by kasperapd; 03-23-08 at 10:24 PM. Reason: language
    03-22-08 01:37 AM
    I've had similar problems with mine. TMO says that it's just a problem with the phone and all they can do is send out a new one. If i have the same problem, they might send out another, or possibly a battery - I'm on my 7th pearl now. Here's hoping #8 doesn't come anytime soon.
    03-22-08 02:11 AM
    Same thing happened to me 2 days ago. I have the 8320 though. After an hour of my phone turning on and off by itself and numerous batt pulls, it just started working w/o a hitch.

Where did you have dinner? It wasn't in the South Coast Plaza in Irvine CA right? Just asking coz that's where I was when it happened and I was thinking there might be something going on there like a strong magnetic field or something hehe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-08 02:57 AM
    I am going to fawking throw my pearl against the wall!

For NO REASON AT ALL when I got home tonight from dinner the phone was off and would not come on, just a blinking red light occasionally. SO i plugged it in to charge, heres is what happens, it comes on with hourglass for like three to four minutes, goes off, brings up my lock screen and when i push the pearl button to login it goes off again. I have done a billion hard reboots, a billion same results. WTF is wrong with this POS?!?!?! No recent new programs, no other things installed, all i did recently was sync it for the first time a few days ago. POS POS POS I am buying an IPHONE!

Ive heard it may be the battery but I dont want to argue with the eighteen year old "Customer Service Reps" at their stores about my fawking phone.

Any ideas?

BTW I was able to create a backup from it even though the screen is off and it doesn't react to any button pushing.

Any sort of advance device is clearly not for you if this is how you react to technology going wrong.

You will not have any easier of a time with an iphone, I would suggest switching to a razr or something.
    03-22-08 12:54 PM
    Any sort of advance device is clearly not for you if this is how you react to technology going wrong.

You will not have any easier of a time with an iphone, I would suggest switching to a razr or something.
    LOL my thoughts exactly. Anger and violence don't go well with technology.
    03-22-08 05:38 PM
    LOL my thoughts exactly. Anger and violence don't go well with technology.
    or technology forums.
    03-22-08 05:40 PM
    Does he really expect to come to a forum full of BB lovers / addicts. Talk all that ** and expect anyone to be helpful?

I say run along and buy an iPhone, and see about getting some anger management man.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by kasperapd; 03-23-08 at 10:25 PM.
    03-23-08 01:21 AM
    Well, he ain't been back so maybe his BB suddenly started working again and he needs no further help or, he really is looking for trouble and has gone out and bought an iPhone.

You are right, if he comes to this essentially positive and helpful forum and starts badmouthing our chosen product, he cannot expect help.

However if he moderates his attitude and posts again looking for help, I for one will offer whatever help I can - free advise, worth every cent.

As you all know, I am fairly new the the 8100 (I have a 7290 which I did not use much because its ring tone was not loud enough) and I have taken the time to learn my phone and now, I love the little thing.

Pete
    03-23-08 03:53 AM
    damn it just happened to me........whats the fix?
    03-23-08 12:31 PM
    I don't think the pearl likes living there...LOL Too much anger....
    03-23-08 03:31 PM
    I don't think the pearl likes living there...LOL Too much anger....
    ha ha ha way too much anger
    03-23-08 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD