i have just bought the payg orange bb pearl 8120 but i cant connect to orange world. I tried to call 150 and 156 to ask them to add the data plan to my sim but i couldnt reach for some reason. I really appreciate it if u can help me . thanks. oh and i was wondering wat is the difference between EGDE and GPRS cos my fone shows gprs but the picture of the box shows edge
    Last edited by NoMad147; 04-29-09 at 09:19 AM.
    04-29-09 09:10 AM
    Hi,

I think you're calling the wrong number. To get my PAYG Pearl working I called 450. You'll need to top-up first before you can talk to an advisor as that costs 25p. When you do talk to them, ask them to add the Blackberry service subscription which will cost you �5.

You'll then get a text telling you to turn the phone on/off. Once done, go to BlackBerry Internet Service:

BlackBerry Internet Service

and register your device and setup your emails. Once it is actived you'll get an email saying "Welcome to the blackberry wireless network" and your gprs / edge will go into caps lettering
    04-29-09 09:21 AM
    GPRS is the standard data service over the mobile network. EDGE is the faster version and only available in certain areas. You won't be able to use either unless it's in caps lettering.
    04-29-09 09:23 AM
    yh i just called 450 and they ve added the the service to my account. thanks a lot dude.

But when i register at the website it says cannot create account
    Last edited by NoMad147; 04-29-09 at 09:41 AM.
    04-29-09 09:36 AM
    GPRS is the standard data service over the mobile network. EDGE is the faster version and only available in certain areas. You won't be able to use either unless it's in caps lettering.
    thanks dude i got it working now. add me on blackberry PIN plz 258F811E
    04-30-09 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD