I think my white blackberry pearl 8100 was swapped out and rebuilt with a tap on it!!!! I do i go about detecting this , wha tdo i look for??? The phone looks like a foney and its PEARlL white and thicker...NOT like my new one....Music deleted, no update since 2006 it says, the screen is blurry, the buttons are not in new condition, I swear it looks like someone rebuilt it and put a bug in it....I NEED ANSWERS PLEASE. It would help if you knew where i could see images to know what a tapped cell looks like...and ESPECIALLY A WEB ADDRESS I CAN RUN THE SERIAL NUMBER ETC.
    PLEASE SOMEONE, THANKS
    KRYSTAL[FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="4"]:
    03-24-08 12:49 AM
    The best thing to do here is to take the phone to your network oerator and have them properly check out your phone. Operators have 1'000s of phones thru' their hands and can easily spot a fake.

If you are in the UK, a website CheckMEND | The National Second-Hand Stolen Goods Database for Public & Trade Checking will tell you if a phone is stolen - but they want money for the pleasure of telling you.

All phones have an unique number called the IMEI number. On the Pearl this is viewable thus: Options > Status.

Seriously, take the phone to people who know what they are doing.
    03-24-08 02:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD